Server Move

Square Wheels

Why, though, what necessitates moving the server?

We need a higher version on php and MySQL than we currently have.

Where is the server?

I have no idea.  I pay the bill, they keep the lights on.  I'm comfortable with that arrangement.

Physical move of the server, or moving to another server?

Our files and database will be moved to a different server.

We need details!

I have I have provided satisfactory information.

Let me help with the instructions.

go to spare bedroom.

hit power button on power strip

unplug server

unplug ethernet cable

pick up server and carry it to other spare bedroom

plug in ethernet cable

plug in power cable

hit power button.

Why is this taking 3 hours?

• Heart 1

Why, though, what necessitates moving the server?

We need a higher version on php and MySQL than we currently have.

Why?

Where is the server?

I have no idea.  I pay the bill, they keep the lights on.  I'm comfortable with that arrangement.

Why don't you know this?  Who is receiving payment?

Physical move of the server, or moving to another server?

Our files and database will be moved to a different server.

Why?

We need details!

I have I have provided satisfactory information.

Not so fast there, bub.

You are very demanding.

We will be evaluating an upgrade of the forum software in the next few months.  That software has a requirement of a version of php that is higher than what this current server has.  Since there are many other sites on the server, the host cannot upgrade the software, but they do have server with the newer version, hence our need to move.  THe software also recommends a version of MySQL that is higher than what I currently have, again, a move to a new server will help.

I used to know where my old server was, this company seems a little more secretive of where the servers are located, and I like that.  From what I can guess, they are St Louis, MO.

Am I doing better?

You are very demanding.

We will be evaluating an upgrade of the forum software in the next few months.  That software has a requirement of a version of php that is higher than what this current server has.  Since there are many other sites on the server, the host cannot upgrade the software, but they do have server with the newer version, hence our need to move.  THe software also recommends a version of MySQL that is higher than what I currently have, again, a move to a new server will help.

I used to know where my old server was, this company seems a little more secretive of where the servers are located, and I like that.  From what I can guess, they are St Louis, MO.

Am I doing better?

No, you're just using more words.

• Heart 1

The last hop I get from a traceroute is crt2-crt1.cybercon.com (216.15.195.181).  Where ever cybercon.com is located;  it's probably located in India, China or Iran.

Couch

The last hop I get from a traceroute is crt2-crt1.cybercon.com (216.15.195.181).  Where ever cybercon.com is located;  it's probably located in India, China or Iran.

Couch

You needed to go one step further Couch.  You would have ended at  AOL.net/squarewheels