"United Kingdom" and "Great Britain" - Obsolete in a few weeks?

Razors Edge

Assuming the train wreck continues, and then the smarter pieces of the UK of GB & NI start to realize aligning with England is less exciting (profitable) than aligning with Europe, does there eventually just become "England" again and the certainly the "Great" part of GB will go the way of the Dodo?  Will "British" remain, but really only refer to the English?  Do the Scottish even care? I know the Welsh are a bunch of hooligans, so they must have something up their sleeves? And the Irish are always looking for a fight!

• Whatever 1

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Assuming the train wreck continues, and then the smarter pieces of the UK of GB & NI start to realize aligning with England is less exciting (profitable) than aligning with Europe, does there eventually just become "England" again and the certainly the "Great" part of GB will go the way of the Dodo?  Will "British" remain, but really only refer to the English?  Do the Scottish even care? I know the Welsh are a bunch of hooligans, so they must have something up their sleeves? And the Irish are always looking for a fight!

Surprising to me, the Welsh and the English both voted for the Brexit.  The Scots and N. Irish strongly voted to stay in the EU.  Note that the Scots do care: they recently had a vote that just barely went in favor of staying in the UK.  I wonder if they'll try to separate their economy?  The N. Irish, strongly genetically related to the Scots, may follow their lead.