Labor Day Weekend Plans as we sail into September!

petitepedal

Picnic for the outlaws on Sunday.  As usual womaxx is planning on food for thousands.  As the head guy what be in charge of grills I will probably be cooking much of sunday.  I don't do fryers so womaxx can cook the tater tots and onion rings.  The outlaws don't do much in the way of vegetables so there is that blessing limiting the number of sides.  B)

Campfire and Night hike tonight. My brother is joining me for an event at the Audubon Society tonight.

Sat through Mon is the Civil War Battle field trip to Antietam with BuffCarla.

Weather is supposed to be great up here.

Pray for the people in the path of Dorian.

• Heart 1

Leaving work early today. I have a 2:00 meeting with the Director at Mom’s Assisted Living place. Routine six month status meeting. Mom’s status was just downgraded to normal care. She was on elevated care for a few months. $750 monthly surcharge goes away now. 

Work at the LBS tonight. Feed the sourdough starter when I get home. 

Saturday I’m going for a long ride. Vienna to Leesburg. Cross the Potomac at Whites Ferry. Ride the C&O east to DC. Cross the Potomac again on Key Bridge. Curtis Trail to the W&OD back to Vienna. It’s about 80 miles. 

Sunday, work at the LBS. Make pizzas for dinner.

Monday is open.

• Heart 2

I have an organized ride on Saturday. I would like to do the century but I’m not up to it and I need to get back home. I’m doing the 65 mile ride and adding another five miles to give me my birthday miles.

My birthday isn’t until the eighteenth but this gives me a chance to ride with others. This is a great ride but pretty much all hills.

00509651-6403-4E5F-9D06-F48BB0E2E25A.thumb.jpeg.3b7b3087e3f4f78734ec37c3406769fc.jpeg

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

Don't have any plans but there's a shit ton of things to do this weekend. 

County fair 

Parmount blues festival 

Bicycle fest 

Milwaukee motorcycle rally 

Surf weekend 

Wo46 was talking about going to yooper land to go mountain biking. 

• Awesome 1

Last night my neighbor and I grilled steak to celebrate her retirement. Today...there is a chance of rain..but we have decided on 2 options

The flea market in Elko ( this happens memorial day weekend, around July 4th, and Labor day weekend)  or if it is wet..we will explore a new town to us Buffalo, MN shops to explore....this is mostly a walk, talk and look event..lunch happens..and occasionally we find a deal.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

Currently sitting in the Toronto airport, making oinking noises and yelling              "@wilbur !! " everytime a pilot walks by.

:D

Whenever I think “Wilbur” it is in the voice of Mr. Ed. 

A pilot walking by would be “ Give me Hamm on five, hold The Mayo.” :D

So how was the big wedding?  Did you give a good speech?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bag of dicks said:

Take her to TJ and get a pic with an authentic zebra!

How were the ribs?

The plan was to do them tomorrow but my wife is so freaking disgusted with her mom she doesn’t want to spend a Freaking penny on her whims so who knows.  It might be PB&J.

Quick story... Yesterday MIL wanted to go look at apartments. WOChrisL: Why you can’t afford an apartment out here.  MIL gives wife the sad face, well with some help I can...  If you think I’m going to pay your rent your out of your fucking mind. MIL stops with the sad face and walks away. Boom! That’s my honey!

We’re making a beach trip shortly before it gets too busy.  Who knows what else the weekend brings...

4 hours ago, Zephyr said:

D2 Wedding was Friday, did a family celebration Saturday, flying back west today(Sunday).

Currently sitting in the Toronto airport, making oinking noises and yelling              "@wilbur !! " everytime a pilot walks by.

WofZ is refusing to sit by me right now

That was you?  I was just there 4 hours ago off a red eye from YVR.  :) 

• Heart 3