High heel shoes are stupid

Road Runner

June Cleaver wore them to do housework.  How screwed up was that image?  We have come a long way since the 50's, but high heels remain as the preeminent shoe for most women.  We can put men on the moon (50 years ago) but we can't devise practical and pretty shoes for women that don't have spikes at the heel?   :(

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

June Cleaver wore them to do housework.  How screwed up was that image?  We have come a long way since the 50's, but high heels remain as the preeminent shoe for most women.  We can put men on the moon (50 years ago) but we can't devise practical and pretty shoes for women that don't have spikes at the heel?   :(

I would think their would be a lot of sprained ankles from those things!

• Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I would think their would be a lot of sprained ankles from those things!

Exactly my thoughts.  I used to sprain my ankles a lot playing basketball and I was wearing flat rubbery shoes.  Just looking at those heels makes my ankles cringe in fear.  afraid.gif.7b5bd8fda74e4f29cf5860e1579c4b84.gif  

I do not agree.  Wearing beautiful things makes the wearer feel sexy, beautiful and strong.  Your thread implies that women do not deserve to be taken seriously, dependent upon what she is wearing.  

What would you dicktate that we wear, to be taken seriously? A man style suit?  slacks and a collar shirt?

• Heart 2

DH, I think our RR was just empathizing. Some nagging reoccurring aches and pains combined with the beautiful Zooey indicating she was done with heels inspired the post. RR can only be accused of loving women, all women, perhaps too much. 

I personally say please wear the heels no matter the discomfort level. Please keep the skirt and blouse on the modest side however. 

• Heart 2

9 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I can't believe many of you people here took this thread seriously.  I don't care what women wear.  I have enough trouble figuring out what I am going to eat each day.  Fashion is way over my head.  :)

But when you think about it, high heels ARE kinda stupid.  :D

..but sexy. :) 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

35 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I can't believe many of you people here took this thread seriously.  I don't care what women wear.  I have enough trouble figuring out what I am going to eat each day.  Fashion is way over my head.  :)

But when you think about it, high heels ARE kinda stupid.  :D

Well you had me until you started criticizing June Cleaver.   :angry:

• Hugs 1

20 hours ago, Road Runner said:

What do they accomplish?  They are totally impractical and can actually be dangerous to the wearer.  If women want to be perceived as the serious and intelligent creatures that they are, they need to dump the high heels.   

This is the dumbest thing you ever wrote, I agree with Cheese.  Women are there for objectification purposes, and high heels help with this.  They wore those shoes to make their legs look more appealing so we would all check them out.

If chicks want to look more attractive and available, the smartest thing to do is to wear heals.

10 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

This is the dumbest thing you ever wrote, I agree with Cheese.  Women are there for objectification purposes, and high heels help with this.  They wore those shoes to make their legs look more appealing so we would all check them out.

If chicks want to look more attractive and available, the smartest thing to do is to wear heals.

No high heels is like no grooming!  :) 

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1

I wore a kitten heel to my niece’s wedding on Sunday. The ceremony was on a grassy area, and my heels sank into the turf. When I tried to take a step, my foot came halfway out of my stuck shoe, and I fell into mr., being off balance and stuck into the grass. Having had four Cape Cods before the ceremony didn’t help. Those shoes were the perfect style for the dress I was wearing, but wrong for the walking surface. 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, roadsue said:

I wore a kitten heel to my niece’s wedding on Sunday. The ceremony was on a grassy area, and my heels sank into the turf. When I tried to take a step, my foot came halfway out of my stuck shoe, and I fell into mr., being off balance and stuck into the grass. Having had four Cape Cods before the ceremony didn’t help. Those shoes were the perfect style for the dress I was wearing, but wrong for the walking surface. 

Image result for falling heels gif

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/3/2019 at 1:13 AM, Road Runner said:

What do they accomplish?  They are totally impractical and can actually be dangerous to the wearer.  If women want to be perceived as the serious and intelligent creatures that they are, they need to dump the high heels.   

The purpose of high heels, besides making the wearer look taller, is to make a woman's legs appear to be more toned and sexy, accentuating the calf and making the leg look longer.  They originated on men, first in Persia in the 1500's to help keep a horse rider's shoe in the stirrup, then in France in the 1600's, where they were restricted by law to noblemen.  Eventually, the tall and sexy look spread to women in Venice and from there the world.

There are all sorts of things that make no sense otherwise in women's stuff: lipstick, drilling holes in their ears and hanging pieces of metal from it, painted nails, shaving legs and armpits and etc., push-up bras, etc.

The results are appealing.  Thank you, ladies!

A Persian man's high heel from the 1700's:

image.thumb.png.763617e6003a4d04dba8cff28d23898f.png