I can't believe it

Chopped Liver

The wife and I have looked at just about every house for sale in the area we want.....can't find a good one.

The one we did like got snatched out from under us, because we didn't get the current place listed quite fast enough (missed it, literally by 2 days :().

So...the next option is to rent an apt.  There are some apt's right across the street from my office.  I very well may just walk to work everyday.   If we do this, that cabin in FL could be a reality by the end of Summer....after all, I'm not going to just park that kind of money in a bank offering less than 1% return.

At least I'd have access to two gyms (the apt's and my office's), a pool, and there's lot's green space and some trails for walking the doggy.

Me being a renter again....I can't believe it.

Given that, do I now qualify for some sort of gubbamint care program?

Yes - You qualify for Free ObamaCare health coverage, food stamps, and free career training.  You are now going to be a long haul trucker.  Good luck!

Oh, and catch us on the flip side.

did you find something yet?

we found a foreclosure that will require a buttload of work. 

I've been crunching numbers and trying to decide if I really care to take that on.

I sent a spreadsheet to the wife this morning with the results of some internet calculators to get numbers.

We may put an offer in this afternoon.

we found a foreclosure that will require a buttload of work. 

I've been crunching numbers and trying to decide if I really care to take that on.

I sent a spreadsheet to the wife this morning with the results of some internet calculators to get numbers.

We may put an offer in this afternoon.

Wait, you just sold a house to be mobile and free, and now you are going to buy another?  You confuse me sometimes.

Wait, you just sold a house to be mobile and free, and now you are going to buy another?  You confuse me sometimes.

Mobile and free? 

No....

Get away from an oppressive, liberal establishment making a mockery of the phrase "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness", yes.

Also to save on Property Taxes....

Mobile and free? 

No....

Get away from an oppressive, liberal establishment making a mockery of the phrase "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness", yes.

Also to save on Property Taxes....

So, where exactly do you plan to move to escape this?  I didn't know such a place existed.  Even my neighbor to the north, NH, with their Live Free of Die slogan has very high property taxes.

So, where exactly do you plan to move to escape this?  I didn't know such a place existed.  Even my neighbor to the north, NH, with their Live Free of Die slogan has very high property taxes.

Peachtree Corners, GA. 

The Burbs of the ATL are quite different than the cities inside "the perimeter" (I-285 which goes all the way around the ATL and includes several other cities inside it,  such as Decatur).