My story of this weekend (not a parody)

Zephyr

Lovely ceremony, you should be proud. Did you wear red in honor of the feast later? Inquiring minds and all that. 

Our family reunions in Duxbury MA were done the same way; 80 to 120 lobsters steamed with a bushel of corn. Gallons of clam chowdah made by my Dad, aka Uncle Bobby. Beer, wine and pina coladas. Coffee and desserts after dinner. My Uncle Bob, was a photographer and would set up a movie screen and show slides from years past. 

• Heart 2

29 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Did you wear red in honor of the feast later? Inquiring minds and all that. 

I wore red because she asked me to.  She was a traveller, having spent 3 years in New Zealand/Australia, 2 months ib Europe, 4 months in Africa, 5 months in Asia.  As a result, people came from literally around the world to her wedding.  A few asked her if I would be in uniform and the photographer who is a friend assured her it would make for great pictures, so she asked if I would wear it.

• Awesome 4

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

I wore red because she asked me to.  She was a traveller, having spent 3 years in New Zealand/Australia, 2 months ib Europe, 4 months in Africa, 5 months in Asia.  As a result, people came from literally around the world to her wedding.  A few asked her if I would be in uniform and the photographer who is a friend assured her it would make for great pictures, so she asked if I would wear it.

My parent married when my dad was in the army and their wedding picture is cool with him in uniform.  I always thought it would be cool to get married in uniform as well but I had just separated from a stint in the Army Reserves when we got married and didn’t want to be a poser.

• Heart 2

Thank you for posting these.  They are beautiful and it must make you feel good to see how happy she looks in all the pictures.  And the photographer was right, the uniform is perfect for the pictures. 

• Heart 3