Are you excited for the start of the upcoming NFL season?

Dottleshead

Yeah I’m excited.  I was a huge football fan in the 70’s through early 90’s when the Rams left.  I stopped following the NFL for 20+ years, just didn’t care.  But now that we have the Rams back my interest has grown these past few years and I’m all in again.    

Of course I’m pulling for the Rams but I’m following the league more now than years past.  Oh and you heard it here first, Saints Chiefs SB, Saints winning it it all.

52 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Are you ready for some football.  Maybe AB isn't...

"Antonio Brown faces suspension after apparent incident with Raiders' general manager"

And the crap keeps rolling downhill.

#herewegoSteelers

He is unbelievable. He couldn’t even make it through one regular season game before being disciplined by the team.

4 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

What I should have said is:

It is totally believable , and should have been excepted, that he couldn’t even make it to one regular season game before being disciplined by the team, and an entire organization appear exasperated by his daily antics.

And it's sort of important to his money that he is on the opening day roster.  I predict that AB has a new employer by next weekend.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

And it's sort of important to his money that he is on the opening day roster.  I predict that AB has a new employer by next weekend.

I don’t know his contract details. How much is dependent upon being on an active roster other than the $2.5M/game in 2021?

• $30.125M guaranteed (signing bonus + 2019 salary + 2020 salary)
  • 2020 Per Game Active Bonus: $156,250 ($2.5M)
  • 2021 Per Game Active Bonus: $156,250 ($2.5M)
  • 2019-2020 Workout Bonus: $500,000, fully guaranteed, treated as a signing bonus
  • 2021 Workout Bonus: $500,000
  • 2020/2021 Annual NLTBE Incentives: $2M

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I don’t know his contract details. How much is dependent upon being on an active roster other than the $2.5M/game in 2021?

• $30.125M guaranteed (signing bonus + 2019 salary + 2020 salary)
  • 2020 Per Game Active Bonus: $156,250 ($2.5M)
  • 2021 Per Game Active Bonus: $156,250 ($2.5M)
  • 2019-2020 Workout Bonus: $500,000, fully guaranteed, treated as a signing bonus
  • 2021 Workout Bonus: $500,000
  • 2020/2021 Annual NLTBE Incentives: $2M

According to reports I've read if he is not on the opening day active roster he loses his guaranteed money (i.e. his existing contract is voided).  That's why they haven't decided to suspend him yet.  The act of suspending him cuts him.  I'm thinking there's lawyers deeply involved. 

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

According to reports I've read if he is not on the opening day active roster he loses his guaranteed money (i.e. his existing contract is voided).  That's why they haven't decided to suspend him yet.  The act of suspending him cuts him.  I'm thinking there's lawyers deeply involved. 

Maybe, but I don’t see a roster bonus for 2019.

And it’s interesting that his annual salary is barely higher with the Raiders than he had with the Steelers. It’s almost like he had “not playing” on his mind the whole time.

CC869C02-1E68-4D15-AEF1-B59DFD0BDBB0.png

5 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Yes. It’s the Bills year. True SuperBowl will be held November 10. Bills vs Cleveland. 

It's going to be nice to see the Browns lift the trophy.  I feel a little bad because I work with the mom of a coach for the Bills.  I don't want to see her disappointed. 

• Heart 1

Fantasy football keeps me excited about a lot of NFL games though it creates some conflicts. On one of my teams Aaron Rodgers GB is my QB and Allen Robinson CHI is a WR, and I have the Bears DST (Defense and Special Teams).  I have to hope that tonight, Rodgers does well, Robinson does well, and the Bears get some sacks, turnovers and a return TD.

I'm excited about the possibilities for our hometown Ravens, whose offense might be so good or so bad the expert predictors vary from 5 to 11 wins in 16 games. In any case, they should be exciting with the fastest, most elusive QB in the NFL - according to the Madden NFL game, that rated Lamar Jackson as the 2nd fastest man in the NFL and also one of most elusive.  In the preseason, he juked, jumped over, ran over, and outran four Packers for a TD.  I expect to see some of that during the season: head coach John Harbaugh says he expects him to break the record for carries by a QB.

The Las Vegas oddsmakers say the Ravens should demolish the Dolphins on Sunday, but those kinds of games scare me, especially early in the season.

3 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I have the Bears DST (Defense and Special Teams).  I have to hope that tonight, Rodgers does well, Robinson does well, and the Bears get some sacks, turnovers and a return TD.

I hope you get credit for frequent punting.

Is the game as boring as the stats suggest near the end of the third with under 240 combined passing yards in the game, and nothing on the ground?

On 9/5/2019 at 3:35 PM, Kzoo said:

"Vic Tafur of The Athletic reported one of the players restraining Brown during the altercation was Vontaze Burfict."

Vontaze Burfict, Mr. Congeniality...

Who’da thunk that the team that would sign both Brown and Burfict would then go on to bungle the decision and give AB a start in week one, despite his threatening the GM and calling him a “cracker”. They had a chance to walk away from the clown parade with only the loss of two late draft picks. No money paid (or maybe $1M?), just admit it was a mistake and move on. Now the really drama starts. He’s got his $30M, and there is no way to discipline him.

• Heart 1