Not as bad as we were expecting.

tybeegb

3 hours ago, tybeegb said:

With all of the preparations out of the way we could sit and wait, and watch because we stayed.  Lost power about 2:00AM Thursday morning.  Not a lot of wind and the storm surge never materialized.  LOTS of tree debris in the yard and driveway.  Got the generator cranked up about 6:00AM so WofTy could have her coffee and to keep the refrigerators, the TVs and the internet going.  Power came back up about 3:00PM Thursday.

So today I will be putting everything back in place and cleaning up the yard.  Then this evening I will finish the PBR I didn't get to finish at the race on Sunday.  :P 

Glad all is well with you.  It's supposed to veer NE and miss Maryland.  The only concern for Central MD is if enough water will be pushed up the Chesapeake Bay to cause flooding in the harbors areas of Annapolis and some other towns, but we're expected almost no rain over the next week with a cold front moving in with great weather.

14 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Glad all is well with you.  It's supposed to veer NE and miss Maryland.  The only concern for Central MD is if enough water will be pushed up the Chesapeake Bay to cause flooding in the harbors areas of Annapolis and some other towns, but we're expected almost no rain over the next week with a cold front moving in with great weather.

Your Ravens playing at home?

41 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Charleston doesn't seem to be as lucky.  It could be much worse though.

We have friends in Moncks Corner SC, just north of Charleston. He sent me a video that looked pretty wild. 10 inches of rain and 90 mph gusts. 

• Heart 1