Yoga

Dirtyhip

9 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I hope it helps you. I've wanted to try some yoga poses...I know none :(

So, there is a local studio.  She does beginner classes.  No one showed up for the basic class, so I had Jill all to myself.  She tailored the class for me, and worked on the issues that I have trouble with.  She adjusted my body for the poses and got me perfect for the pose.  It was amazing.  I wish she did the basic class more than once a month.  I will show for their normal class, but I won't be very great at it. I need a lot of coaching. 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

20 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I am hoping my neighbor starts doing yoga with me and a DVD one night a week now that she retired..but I am gonna try for a class once a week...it is challenging especially for balance..I was even sore from it the first few months of once a week class..yoga is so good or us.

Agreed.  I have never focused on methodical exercise like this, except for my days as a rock climber.  That was methodical but it had lots of adrenaline.  

I think it will be a great addition to my arsenal. 

Life is about change, right?

• Heart 4

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

So, there is a local studio.  She does beginner classes.  No one showed up for the basic class, so I had Jill all to myself.  She tailored the class for me, and worked on the issues that I have trouble with.  She adjusted my body for the poses and got me perfect for the pose.  It was amazing.  I wish she did the basic class more than once a month.  I will show for their normal class, but I won't be very great at it. I need a lot of coaching. 

Is she hot? ;)

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I've been to a lot of different studios / classes.  They are all good.  One of the principles of yoga, is as long as your not in such a bad position as to hurt yourself, you're doing it correctly.  It's a journey.  There really isn't a wrong way to do it.

The physical corrections will continue.  I just went on Saturday to a gentle flow class, not specifically for beginners, but clearly not an advanced class.  The instructor walked around the class the whole time correcting people, including me, twice.  With bigger classes there are usually assistants that help with the corrections.

It helps me to be more calm, there are a lot of meditative qualities to it.

Next weekend my wife and I are taking a 3 hour beginners class.  She's been doing yoga for well over 20 years and is really looking forward to a beginners class.

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

You've obviously never watched me do Yoga

Nor you me.  I am not very flexible.  I am super self conscious and always take a spot in the back of the room.  I watch other people the whole time and try and refine my pose.  Many (MANY) I cannot do.

Nope

image.jpeg

Not in this lifetime

image.jpeg

soso, can't do it with flat feet, many people can't

Image result for yoga poses

Can't get my top shoulder anywhere near this

Image result for yoga poses

Again, it's all a journey to get better.

• Heart 1