I hate Oktoberfest bier

Prophet Zacharia

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Pipe down, drunky!

Marzen is a great style, perfect for the falll.  It can be malty in the wrong hands, but the worst of them are still better than the best IPAs. 

You say malty like it is a bad thing!  And apologize to IPAs!  Sometimes they can be too bitter, but lately I have liked aboot all I have had. Their only fault is trendiness, but I have adapted to that and gone with the flow. 

• Heart 1

48 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

You say malty like it is a bad thing!  And apologize to IPAs!  Sometimes they can be too bitter, but lately I have liked aboot all I have had. Their only fault is trendiness, but I have adapted to that and gone with the flow. 

Relax, Ralph. The Zima King has no meaningful input or criticism on the subject of “beer”. He’s one step below @Parr8hed‘s Coors Light affliction.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

It’s been my pre-game and stadium beer for years.

31 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Yuengling has that local stick it to the man feel for us mid atlanticers. Plus it is a good budget beer. 

There was a certain "cool"factor to it here several years ago.  It wasn't available in IN or KY.   If you were drinking it then you had gotten it from someplace east.  I remember hearing about it and then seeing it when we vacationed somewhere and couldn't wait to try it.  When it did finally come to IN it was a big deal to find a store that had it.   Now it's in every liquor store and even grocery stores.  It has taken away some of the cool factor.

On 9/7/2019 at 4:18 PM, Forum Administrator said:

I agree with you. I’ll take this a step further and tell you that I am tired of the IPAs. Most places are just covering up bad beers by adding more hops. 

I am not an IPA fan. I hate going to a local brew pub with 39 hand crafted brews and 37 of them being IPA’s. Dumb. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Good plan!  I love the name 3 Sheeps. And the prophet is clearly off his rocker  :D

The name is a twist from the old saying 3 sheets to the wind.

The best part is I can get to the 3 Sheep's tap room on all bike trails.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 6:59 PM, Prophet Zacharia said:

It’s too sweet. Fight me.

OK, just had a Blue Point one, and I had never thought aboot it before, but they are a tad sweet, so I gotta give you that,  However, this one is also pretty hoppy and caramelly (sue me!) so it is pretty well balanced.  Let's just say I can see your point and will do some Further independent research on your theory. :D

• Heart 1

On 9/7/2019 at 4:18 PM, Forum Administrator said:

I agree with you. I’ll take this a step further and tell you that I am tired of the IPAs. Most places are just covering up bad beers by adding more hops. 

I like the NEIPA/citrus/cloudy IPA tend a whole lot more than the BIG HOP trend of a few years ago. Although that said, there aren’t too many that still inspire me. I struggle to find something I really want at the beer store these days. It is rye season.

I had a wonderful dream last night, I was in Germany for Oktoberfest and in a huge beer hall.  All the beermaids have on those wonderful Oktoberfest/cleavage dresses on, but I go to the counter instead.  I look at the beautiful hand-carved taps, and each one is pouring amazing crystal-clear ice-cold Zima. 

I had to change my underwear, the sheets, and mop the floor when I woke up from the dream.  I hope the downstairs neighbors don’t say anything.  I’d like to think they would understand the disturbance if I told them about my dream, everybody loves Zima!

• Whatever 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/27/2019 at 9:46 AM, Razors Edge said:

I've been unsuccessful this year in getting a batch of Oktoberfest beers :(  I got this "German style" local beer, so I am happy, but would also like a bit of Oktoberfest!

IMG_8078.thumb.JPG.b6b9bf305a26e8747ac0c34f23d355ef.JPG

I highly recommend Blue Point Oktoberfest.

And Shirley the Prophet was trolling cause I know he knows better.  Oktoberfest is a great melding of roasted malt and hops.  A perfect midpoint between pale ales and porters/stouts. :)