Did you ever have to say goodbye to a love because it was September?

AirwickWithCheese

40 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Details 

Her name was Katrina.  We met on an island in the South Pacific.  Her father was an agent for the KGB.  It was a hard time in the USSR.  Things were happening and her father got recalled from his mission and was forced to return with his family to the Mother Land.  It was September.

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1

When I was between 12 and 15 years old, we'd spend most of our summer vacation at the family "lake cottage".  And I had a pseudo girl friend who's family would also spend the summers at their cottage. We'd spend the summer together riding our bikes, exploring the area and sneaking into the local drive-in theater for popcorn and Raisinets. We'd say goodbye when school started. I heard they moved to Florida. 

• Awesome 2

10 minutes ago, team scooter said:

When I was between 12 and 15 years old, we'd spend most of our summer vacation at the family "lake cottage".  And I had a pseudo girl friend who's family would also spend the summers at their cottage. We'd spend the summer together riding our bikes, exploring the area and sneaking into the local drive-in theater for popcorn and Raisinets. We'd say goodbye when school started. I heard they moved to Florida. 

I have a few fond memories of hanging oot with the girls next door once in a while. We would pick wild strawberries on the hill and set up a roadside stand to sell them. We should have just eaten them!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I just remember being sad aboot the closing of the beach at the lake and the dearth of young tanned babes after that. :D

Seems like September would be a good time to meet the occasional stray beach bunny.   :dontknow:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

About time!!!

Damn, I can;t find my way back there!   I see "status replies" from you with videos, but what was that?  My wall?  I am so confused!  I don;t see it on my profile, all that is there are all my cheese puppet followers. :D  And I haven;t won the day since July 27!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, roadsue said:

The “key that our souls were singing” accompanied by banjo just seems like a disconnect. 

Yes!  I usually love covers but that one is a little strange, which usually is ok though  

Just now, AirwickWithCheese said:

@Road Runner, where is your story?  

Yes, let’s hear from young billy crystal!

Yes.  Our cottage where I spent my summers was not in my home town.  It was before cell phones and texting etc.  We would lose touch over the winter and before seeing each other, one of us would be tied up with someone else.  Our timings never got figured out.

I ran into her about 10 years ago while visiting the family.  We had a great chat.  She still looks amazing.  She went home and left her husband that night.  It was just coincidence and not because of me, but I like to think it was because of my uncontrollable animal magnetism 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2