Maybe allergic to...kimchi, chili

shootingstar

When eating foods too often with the above.  

My throat is slightly swollen. Having yogurt and skim milk is nice right now.  I’ve never had this reaction previously. After all, in Seoul I had kimchi laced food often enough...then earlier I had my peameal bacon sandwich with mustard and touch of horseradish yesterday.

4 days before and 2 days before that it was fantastic Thai food with hit of chili..and curry.

And before that, when we went cycling in wineries region, I had slices of flat pizza.  Even there, they put a touch of chili...not sure why.

Milk protein grabs the hot stuff, and moves it down the road.

The best thing to do if you're mouth is on  fire is gelato or frozed yogurt. Or soft serve or  ice cream. The one that will taste the best is a good gelato, the one with the most protein will usually be the yog.

If it's not an allergic response, consider other possibilities. Like the spiciness aggravating what was already tender (for some reason).

There's a cheap easy way to test for that, take a Benadryl, if the throat symptoms aren't better in an hour, it's likely something else.

9 hours ago, late said:

Milk protein grabs the hot stuff, and moves it down the road.

The best thing to do if you're mouth is on  fire is gelato or frozed yogurt. Or soft serve or  ice cream. The one that will taste the best is a good gelato, the one with the most protein will usually be the yog.

If it's not an allergic response, consider other possibilities. Like the spiciness aggravating what was already tender (for some reason).

There's a cheap easy way to test for that, take a Benadryl, if the throat symptoms aren't better in an hour, it's likely something else.

I have to say that having some plain yogurt and skim milk is a natural response for me.  I wouldn’t have been like this 20 years ago.