Check that box off

Thaddeus Kosciuszko

Tackled the front porch roof and trim this weekend.  The roof is steel which, I think, is soldered at the joints of the panels that make up the roof surface.  It was getting a shade tatty so I scraped off all the loose paint and other coatings, managing not to rip any holes in the sheet steel with the scraper.  Then cleaned the entire surface and brushed on an aluminum sealing paint.  Dries to a nice silver color so by the time I was done I looked like the Tin Man.

OK, I'm not quite that bad at painting.  Next I taped off the trim just below the roof, sanded, cleaned with a tack cloth, primed to get rid of the rust stains, then painted.  Pain in the neck working off the ladder, moving every time the work got out of arm's reach.  Turned out ok, I thought.  Plenty of other work still left to do on the porch, but that was enough for this weekend.

roofbefore_zps847f9073.jpg

roofafter_zps606a92ec.jpg

• Heart 2

Did you use a pedal wrench?

Indeed! In the first picture you can see it on the roof between me and the house.  Don't be fooled that it looks like a shop vac - that right there is an enhanced lithium powered calibrated Sham-Wow! pedal wrench. ;)

And also, thanks for the kind words folks!   :nod head:  Helps me feel that it really was worth all the effort!

• Heart 1

Indeed! In the first picture you can see it on the roof between me and the house.  Don't be fooled that it looks like a shop vac - that right there is an enhanced lithium powered calibrated Sham-Wow! pedal wrench. ;)

And also, thanks for the kind words folks!   :nod head:  Helps me feel that it really was worth all the effort!

Dude, you rock so hard!  That is an awesome pedal wrench!  Does it have the built in bottle opener?