21:08

Parr8hed

On 9/7/2019 at 12:40 PM, Parr8hed said:

Cross starts next Sunday in God's country.  (Bloomington IN).  

Pretty sure God doesn't live in an outhouse.

But I guess I could be wrong, he is supposedly pretty humble.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Cross country seems to be far different today then when I ran in high-school.  Gone are the days of just meets against schools, now everything is huge invitationals.

My niece set a new school record this weekend, she might be good at this cross country stuff if she actually practiced.  She's also playing soccer right now, so she just shows up to meets and runs, doesn't practice with the cross country team as soccer is designated as her primary sport.  Which again is confusing to me as when I was in high-school, we were only allowed to do one sport at a time.  Now you can do more, but one has to be designated primary and if there is a conflict, that one takes precedence.

12 hours ago, Indy said:

Cross country seems to be far different today then when I ran in high-school.  Gone are the days of just meets against schools, now everything is huge invitationals.

My niece set a new school record this weekend, she might be good at this cross country stuff if she actually practiced.  She's also playing soccer right now, so she just shows up to meets and runs, doesn't practice with the cross country team as soccer is designated as her primary sport.  Which again is confusing to me as when I was in high-school, we were only allowed to do one sport at a time.  Now you can do more, but one has to be designated primary and if there is a conflict, that one takes precedence.

I know man. All of these huge meets on weekends. They are killing my camping ?

On 9/7/2019 at 9:36 AM, Parr8hed said:

G ran a PR today.  Big Xc meet in Columbus IN.  This high school thing is really getting intense.  His goal was to run 22 something this season.  2 weeks ago he ran a 23:08 in Louisville with side stitches that forced him to slow down at the end.  Today no side stitches but he has some mild shin splints.  There are only 3 freshmen on the team.  The upperclassmen are running closer to 16 min races.  So clearly he has work to do.  But he has shaved about 4 min off his 5k time this season.  I am pretty stinking proud.  

You should be.