Them that has, gets. Antonio Brown is a Patriot!

MickinMD

The Raiders released Antonio Brown after giving the Steelers two draft picks for him and, almost immediately, he signed with the Patriots.

Those who grabbed him in the 3rd or later round of some fantasy drafts got a real steal!

Meanwhile, if you're in fantasy, Tyrell Williams WR OAK is now the raiders #1 WR and has the speed to stretch the field but Carr isn't the right QB for that.  Williams gained 1000 yds for the Chargers in 2016.  He's about WR2 or WR3 now and may be a free agent in your leagues.  In the one league where he's a free agent in mine, I have 5 WR's all rated between #1 (Julio Jones ATL) and #31 (Sammy Watkins KC), so I'm going to stick with them.

In my 4 leagues Brown went with the 22nd, 28th, 29th, and 27th picks, all in the 3rd round, and would probably have gone by the 6th pick is he was with the Patriots then.

So John Gruden, who Oakland is paying $100 million to return to coaching, has now thrown away Khalil Mack and Antonio Brown while Melvin Gordon will likely hold out until week 10.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, MickinMD said:

So John Gruden, who Oakland is paying $100 million to return to coaching, has now thrown away Khalil Mack and Antonio Brown while Melvin Gordon will likely hold out until week 10.

Yeah, it makes no sense to blame Gruden for this. He bent over backwards to accommodate AB. I am surprised, though, that the Patriots took the gamble. AB is a worse head case than Moss or any of their other questionable signings, combined.

• Awesome 1

“A former college classmate accused New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown of rape and sexual assault in a federal lawsuit filed Tuesday.

In the lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Miami, where Brown lives, the woman accused the star wide receiver of exposing himself and secretly masturbating behind her and ejaculating on her back in two separate incidents in 2017, and she also accused Brown of raping her in 2018.”

We’ll see what plays out in court, but I do wonder if the Patriots (and the league?) are already regretting this signing.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

“A former college classmate accused New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown of rape and sexual assault in a federal lawsuit filed Tuesday.

In the lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Miami, where Brown lives, the woman accused the star wide receiver of exposing himself and secretly masturbating behind her and ejaculating on her back in two separate incidents in 2017, and she also accused Brown of raping her in 2018.”

We’ll see what plays out in court, but I do wonder if the Patriots (and the league?) are already regretting this signing.

I'm guessing not well.

https://haaslawpllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/1_Complaint.pdf

Pages 5,6 & 7 are a disturbing read.

The part I am confused about though, is why is this being brought forth as a civil suit first and not a criminal case.  Seems it usually the other way around as I don't believe any criminal charges or investigation has even been brought forth.

29 minutes ago, Indy said:

I'm guessing not well.

The part I am confused about though, is why is this being brought forth as a civil suit first and not a criminal case.  Seems it usually the other way around as I don't believe any criminal charges or investigation has even been brought forth.

She didn’t call the cops. I don’t have any statistics, but I don’t believe that’s terribly uncommon in “date rape” situations. She wasn’t his “date”, but he was a known person in her life, and her employer at the time.

9 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

She didn’t call the cops. I don’t have any statistics, but I don’t believe that’s terribly uncommon in “date rape” situations. She wasn’t his “date”, but he was a known person in her life, and her employer at the time.

Okay, I don't follow all of this stuff closely, figured someone could provide an explanation as to whether this made sense or not.

54 minutes ago, Indy said:

I'm guessing not well.

She also requested a loan from him to start a business and he turned her down.  This is going to be a big she said he said.

6 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

She also requested a loan from him to start a business and he turned her down.  This is going to be a big she said he said.

In the cases I have paid attention to, they almost always are as very few women go to the police right away.  I believe the screen captures of the text messages are going to be huge for her and pretty much seal the case.

37 minutes ago, Indy said:

I believe the screen captures of the text messages are going to be huge for her and pretty much seal the case.

That and the conversation she had with his personal chef about the masturbation incident, at the time it happened. With him denying that any of it happening and her having corroborating evidence that some of it did, I think his credibility is instantly in trouble.

I didn’t read all of the complaint, does she acknowledge offering him a business venture opportunity, or is this just his claim?

33 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

That and the conversation she had with his personal chef about the masturbation incident, at the time it happened. With him denying that any of it happening and her having corroborating evidence that some of it did, I think his credibility is instantly in trouble.

I didn’t read all of the complaint, does she acknowledge offering him a business venture opportunity, or is this just his claim?

I believe that is just his claim, but I just skimmed the document too.

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

I believe that is just his claim, but I just skimmed the document too.

It would seem to be the most logical defense he could muster, “I turned her down on this deal so she’s now making allegations against me.” But AB’s also being sued by a former personal chef and I believe another personal trainer for breach of contract, so he’s not an entirely reliable source of information.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I wonder if the fact she continued to be involved with Brown for a long time after he began these incidents will work against her.

I remember a long time ago - maybe the 70's or 80's, when a famous defense attorney successfully defended someone famous and Time Magazine or something similar wrote a big story about the attorney.

One of the cases they described was where he defended a celebrity accused of multiple rapes and he asked the accuser about making coffee for the rapist.  "After how many rapes did you decide to do make coffee?" he asked.  She said after the 5th or 6th rape.

THAT was enough to convince the jury that consensual sex was going on.

4 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

remember a long time ago - maybe the 70's or 80's

While I understand the argument, I think that line of questioning would lose a jury today. But AB has publicly shown his tendency to do wrong, apologize profusely to get back in people’s good graces, then do similar or worse behaviors again. So it wouldn’t surprise me that she’d come back to work for him after the first incident, they had a long “friendship” prior and he promised not to misbehave, particularly if he then lured her with big $ promises.

• Heart 1

49 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

While I understand the argument, I think that line of questioning would lose a jury today. But AB has publicly shown his tendency to do wrong, apologize profusely to get back in people’s good graces, then do similar or worse behaviors again. So it wouldn’t surprise me that she’d come back to work for him after the first incident, they had a long “friendship” prior and he promised not to misbehave, particularly if he then lured her with big $ promises.

Plus, you add in her at least attempted display as a fairly religious person (no way to gauge accuracy at the moment) and it would help portray her as someone more willing to forgive and give someone a second chance.  I think that is why they made sure to mention they were watching a sermon during the second incident, painting the portrait, also demonstrating the complete inappropriateness of it.

So there’s another woman, according to SI, who Brown has contracted to paint a mural (I believe OF HIM) in his home. On day two of the project she turned around to find him standing naked behind her, with only a hand towel on his genitals. She turned down his advance, returned to painting. She was told the next day to leave, and the mural never got finished.

7 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

That lasted 11 days. The guys needs psychiatric help.

Brown was released shortly after lawyers for another woman who has accused Brown of sexual harassment said the NFL had promised to contact the Patriots about allegations that she had this week received intimidating texts from him after she went public with her claims.

So sexual assault and rape are OK with Bill but texting crosses the line.  He gone...

OK JK.  I understand what their position probably is.  They probably had to wait for the NFL investigation because that's why it's done that way.  The texting crossed a different line and one clearly easy to distinguish.

As a Steeler fan I am so disappointed in this guy.  As a football fan I say - don't come back.

4 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

He’s lost over $39 M in (pretax) salary within a month. He was just two days short of receiving a guaranteed $30 M. He got fired on his day off. Amazing.

I think the Raiders money had clauses that allowed the team to cut him cleanly.  The Patriots have to pay him the signing bonus of $9M plus a guaranteed salary of $1M, unless the terms also include some termination for dumbfuckery clauses. 

For the record, AB is an an ass, and I think a fairly bad egg.  I don’t doubt he has the capacity to do bad things, and I think he has, when convenient, done bad things.  Did he do these things, though?  I doubt we will ever know the truth. That said, lotsa bad egg chicks out there will lie, cheat, and kill to take advantage of rich and dumb athletes, too. 

I suspect AB does what he wants, legal or not, but I suspect very strongly that this accuser knew exactly what she was signing up for.  VERDICT: money grab. 

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

So sexual assault and rape are OK with Bill but texting crosses the line.  He gone...

OK JK.  I understand what their position probably is.  They probably had to wait for the NFL investigation because that's why it's done that way.  The texting crossed a different line and one clearly easy to distinguish.

As a Steeler fan I am so disappointed in this guy.  As a football fan I say - don't come back.

Come on, the owner was caught on tape getting happy endings but has enough money to buy his way out.   he did not want another black eye or a 

Each time Antonio looks like he is going to get paid all the skeleltons in his closet are going to hold out their hands waiting to get paid.

On 9/21/2019 at 6:31 AM, Randomguy said:

I suspect very strongly that this accuser knew exactly what she was signing up for.  VERDICT: money grab. 

You realize these are two different women accusing him of two different things, right? The first who alleged he on three separate occasion, 1)walked in naked on her, 2) masturbated behind her and ejaculated upon her as she watched religious programming and 3) forcibly raped her, and a second woman who said he hired her to paint murals but fired her after he stood over her naked and she declined the advance. Because while the first woman has sued him, the second woman has made no financial demands and filed no lawsuits (her only request is that he pay $700 for a painting he won at auction). It is THIS (second) woman that he’s been texting and sending pictures of her kids in an intimidating manner that has lost him his job. It’s hard to see how this accuser is a money grab, she made no financial demands and didn’t appear to offer her silence for a price.

On 9/21/2019 at 6:31 AM, Randomguy said:

The Patriots have to pay him the signing bonus of $9M plus a guaranteed salary of $1M, unless the terms also include some termination for dumbfuckery clauses. 

They weren’t due to pay him $5M until today, and yes, I do believe the contract had an out for conduct unbecoming to the team. So he’s not getting paid more than a single game check from the Patriots. 

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

You realize these are two different women accusing him of two different things, right? The first who alleged he on three separate occasion, 1)walked in naked on her, 2) masturbated behind her and ejaculated upon her as she watched religious programming and 3) forcibly raped her, and a second woman who said he hired her to paint murals but fired her after he stood over her naked and she declined the advance. Because while the first woman has sued him, the second woman has made no financial demands and filed no lawsuits (her only request is that he pay $700 for a painting he won at auction). It is THIS (second) woman that he’s been texting and sending pictures of her kids in an intimidating manner that has lost him his job. It’s hard to see how this accuser is a money grab, she made no financial demands and didn’t appear to offer her silence for a price.

Yeah the first is trying to get money, and the verdict is “money grab”.  If you get raped, you don’t go back for round two or three.  She is calling it something that it isn’t, or she is the stupidest person in all of the America’s. 

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

They weren’t due to pay him $5M until today, and yes, I do believe the contract had an out for conduct unbecoming to the team. So he’s not getting paid more than a single game check from the Patriots. 

That single game check could fund me for a very long time.  It ain’t $30M over two years, but it is a lot! 

He should have just stuck to playing football instead of being a full-time shit for brains, too. 

• Awesome 1