Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kzoo

Does anyone else get male ware from this site

Recommended Posts

It happens on my phone every couple months and only from this site.  I am not really one of 10 lucky winners of a Gift card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kzoo said:

It happens on my phone every couple months and only from this site.  I am not really one of 10 lucky winners of a Gift card.

Nope, it's not coming from this server.  While I own I big piece of it, it's a managed, shared server.  It's scanned regularly, no way they would let that slip by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Malware... otto-correct

On 9/8/2019 at 10:30 AM, Square Wheels said:

Nope, it's not coming from this server.  While I own I big piece of it, it's a managed, shared server.  It's scanned regularly, no way they would let that slip by.

You or Verizon...

 

It only happens on my iPhone.  It happens every few months and it only happens while using your site.  It has happened several times in the past year and never when accessing any other site.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Malware... otto-correct

You or Verizon...

 

It only happens on my iPhone.  It happens every few months and it only happens while using your site.  It has happened several times in the past year and never when accessing any other site.

 

I get it periodically. I have Verizon at home, not sure if it’s happened or not at work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I usually get my male ware at Kohls.

Kohl’s was genius to make itself an Amazon return center. I’d have no other reason to go into the store, otherwise. But now, every time I go in, I buy Christmas wrapping paper. Regardless of season. I am conditioned to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Kohl’s was genius to make itself an Amazon return center. I’d have no other reason to go into the store, otherwise. But now, every time I go in, I buy Christmas wrapping paper. Regardless of season. I am conditioned to do it.

Their 10-30% off thing works pretty well too. Providing a variable reward is supposed to be the principle for hooking people on lots of stuff. Also, they do pretty good clearance deals. You can pretty reliably stock up at the end of the various seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 9:44 PM, Kzoo said:

It happens on my phone every couple months and only from this site.  I am not really one of 10 lucky winners of a Gift card.

At a similar time frame - once every month or two - my iPhone browser gets hijacked by a similar bullshit "you won" spam ad - only on the SW site - that requires me to kill the Safari instance to clear it.  While not technically malware, it is awful.  Clearly not SW's fault, since it is being pushed out most likely by the ad server????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kzoo - If you are referring to popup windows, then it MAY be possible.  However, I think others would have complained by now, so it may be from something else.  What browser are you using?  You may want to try a different one.

 

SW - If those ads are from third-party ad servers, then it is possible that the popups are coming from them.  ALL third-party ad servers host malware - there are NO exceptions.  You can get popups from any major news site that uses them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jdc2000 said:

SW - If those ads are from third-party ad servers, then it is possible that the popups are coming from them.  ALL third-party ad servers host malware - there are NO exceptions.

This may be true; however, they are coming from Google, who now runs 86.3% of the planet, so I fear we need to trust them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't trust Google any farther than I can throw their datacenters.  However, there is not much you can do about the ad servers.  As long as you have up-to-date software, the most you may have to do is reboot your device.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...