Does anyone else get male ware from this site

Kzoo

Malware... otto-correct

On 9/8/2019 at 10:30 AM, Square Wheels said:

Nope, it's not coming from this server.  While I own I big piece of it, it's a managed, shared server.  It's scanned regularly, no way they would let that slip by.

You or Verizon...

It only happens on my iPhone.  It happens every few months and it only happens while using your site.  It has happened several times in the past year and never when accessing any other site.

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Malware... otto-correct

You or Verizon...

It only happens on my iPhone.  It happens every few months and it only happens while using your site.  It has happened several times in the past year and never when accessing any other site.

I get it periodically. I have Verizon at home, not sure if it’s happened or not at work. 

19 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Kohl’s was genius to make itself an Amazon return center. I’d have no other reason to go into the store, otherwise. But now, every time I go in, I buy Christmas wrapping paper. Regardless of season. I am conditioned to do it.

Their 10-30% off thing works pretty well too. Providing a variable reward is supposed to be the principle for hooking people on lots of stuff. Also, they do pretty good clearance deals. You can pretty reliably stock up at the end of the various seasons. 

On 9/7/2019 at 9:44 PM, Kzoo said:

It happens on my phone every couple months and only from this site.  I am not really one of 10 lucky winners of a Gift card.

At a similar time frame - once every month or two - my iPhone browser gets hijacked by a similar bullshit "you won" spam ad - only on the SW site - that requires me to kill the Safari instance to clear it.  While not technically malware, it is awful.  Clearly not SW's fault, since it is being pushed out most likely by the ad server????

Kzoo - If you are referring to popup windows, then it MAY be possible.  However, I think others would have complained by now, so it may be from something else.  What browser are you using?  You may want to try a different one.

SW - If those ads are from third-party ad servers, then it is possible that the popups are coming from them.  ALL third-party ad servers host malware - there are NO exceptions.  You can get popups from any major news site that uses them.

9 hours ago, jdc2000 said:

SW - If those ads are from third-party ad servers, then it is possible that the popups are coming from them.  ALL third-party ad servers host malware - there are NO exceptions.

This may be true; however, they are coming from Google, who now runs 86.3% of the planet, so I fear we need to trust them.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1