Standing at your desk

Square Wheels

$299.

:)

Meh... that kind of desk is for lazy people... get this one... you will reach more step awards a lot faster!

That won't help with the steps, the arms needs to be moving.  I get 0 steps for typing or anything else I do at my desk.  That is pretty cool though.

adjustable desks are what your company buys you when they think they are saving money on chairs

I wish they'd buy it for me, I'd be paying for it.

With my knee issues I was able to talk my employer into a standing desk. I have one. I've seen a few people that have that standing treadmill desk too.

I got it because my knee was bothering me when I sat too long. It doesn't bother me from sitting anymore, so I probably don't 'stand' at the desk as much as I used to (or should), but I definitely still do a few times a week. I should get back in the habit of using it for a time or two each day.

Looking closer at the picture, I guess mine is a little fancier. It's the full desk that rises, not just a topper that sits on the real desk. It has 3 memory settings for height so I don't have to find that 'right spot' each and every time.

Looking closer at the picture, I guess mine is a little fancier. It's the full desk that rises, not just a topper that sits on the real desk. It has 3 memory settings for height so I don't have to find that 'right spot' each and every time.

I would be paying for this, so a whole desk replacement is out of the question.  Even though I won't get it what kind do you have?

I am thinking about the one I posted.  The video on their site looks pretty good.

I would be paying for this, so a whole desk replacement is out of the question.  Even though I won't get it what kind do you have?

I am thinking about the one I posted.  The video on their site looks pretty good.

Double check your employer. Many have them on hand and are willing to get them for employees if they ask. Especially if you can remotely justify it as medically helpful. I got a chiropractor to sign a sheet that employer had (buried in HR website somewhere) which basically said a standing desk would help my knee. It turned out that they never even asked for that sheet. But seriously...unless you KNOW they don't, check into that option first. You get a better version and not have to pay anything for it.

Hmm, that seated position they have shows a lot of stack height.

We have 5 computers in our very small office and anywhere from 1 to 4 people working in here. I often times use the one sitting on the counter top. It's higher than say a kitchen counter top, so we do have to stand at that computer.  Feels good to stand for a while. Sometimes one of the other secretaries uses that computer so she can stand for awhile.

I think one of the coders upstairs has a tall stand for her computer so she can stand while entering data.  Yup, it's a good thing.  (Nope, I don't look anything like the blondie in your pic)