Sunday dinner/supper

Parsnip Totin Jack

That looks like the chicken I grilled tonight on the new grill. The instructions on the new grill said average assembly time 50 minutes. It took me two hours, they packed a wrong part in the box. There was no way that part was ever going to work. I scabbed a part off the old grill to make it work. I think I might still have an ear of corn on the grill. I don’t remember how many I ate.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

That looks like the chicken I grilled tonight on the new grill. The instructions on the new grill said average assembly time 50 minutes. It took me two hours, they packed a wrong part in the box. There was no way that part was ever going to work. I scabbed a part off the old grill to make it work. I think I might still have an ear of corn on the grill. I don’t remember how many I ate.

The guts of our grill sort of rusted away, dang it!

2 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

The guts of our grill sort of rusted away, dang it!

They all do. I have tried cheap grills that rusted away and I have tried expensive grills that lasted twice as long but cost four times as much. I went back to cheap. One time I spent over $100 on repair parts only to have something else go wrong.. With the cheap grills I get all new parts (and limited repair parts for under $100. The latest cheap grills have stainless burners with a five year warranty. The heating plates that go over the burners rusted away.

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

They all do. I have tried cheap grills that rusted away and I have tried expensive grills that lasted twice as long but cost four times as much. I went back to cheap. One time I spent over $100 on repair parts only to have something else go wrong.. With the cheap grills I get all new parts (and limited repair parts for under 

At least the season should be right, I'll have to keep my eyes open for year-end clearance deals.  This was one of the costs four times as much but lasts twice as long ones.  I have already replaced the grate once, so I guess it is time to cut bait on this one because the burners need replacement also.

2 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

At least the season should be right, I'll have to keep my eyes open for year-end clearance deals.  This was one of the costs four times as much but lasts twice as long ones.  I have already replaced the grate once, so I guess it is time to cut bait on this one because the burners need replacement also.

They had the under $100 one I went in there to buy in the box, build it yourself for $97. As I was heading for the checkout I walked past a row of fancy stainless steel huge grills already assembled on clearance from over $300 marked down to $157.. I-almost  bought it just so I wouldn't have to assemble it but we don’t need that big of a grill.

14 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

They had the under $100 one I went in there to buy in the box, build it yourself for $97. As I was heading for the checkout I walked past a row of fancy stainless steel huge grills already assembled on clearance from over $300 marked down to $157.. I-almost  bought it just so I wouldn't have to assemble it but we don’t need that big of a grill.

The big ones with storage underneath are convenient. I hope I can find deals like that!

i still need to fix or replace our dishwasher before we host thanksgiving.