Erie Canal Trail

Forum Administrator

I’m not NY, I live in Pennsylvania. My wife wants me to do adventures as part of a group so I did the official New York State ride. They do it once a year and limit the ride to 500 riders. Usually no problem getting in if you register early. They truck your gear and feed you breakfast and dinner. A great organization. One of the most fun rides I’ve done.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

20 minutes ago, Cicada said:

If you do decided on Erie, you can crash at my place.  The trail is right up the street. 

You can sleep with Meep.

I was going planning on pitching a tent in your yard with or without your permission.  

The plan is to go in July, but a few days after the official tour. I like the self contained stuff. I am assuming the markings will still be on the road so I don’t get lost. 

40 minutes ago, Forum Administrator said:

It looked really nice, but the price tag is a bit much to swallow. 

I would have never signed up for it but my wife hates when I go off on a week long ride by myself. She is afraid something will happen and they will never find the body. I planned ahead for this ride so I had lots of cash. I drove to Albany on Friday and got a motel, parked my car at the rail station in the morning and rode the shuttle to Buffalo. When I finished the ride my car was right there.

12 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I would have never signed up for it but my wife hates when I go off on a week long ride by myself. She is afraid something will happen and they will never find the body.

Your wife is different.

I haven’t worried for his multi-month long trips in New Zealand, across North America, etc.  I am slightly worried for him in Italy next year...staying at place not far from Rome because it was decided by also son and folks that Tuscany is too expensive during summer.