I lost my oldest sister today

Kzoo

This afternoon I got a call from my other sister that our oldest, Kathy, died of a heart attack this morning.  She didn’t have any other details.  I wasn’t close to her.  None of us really were.  She put the capital N in Narcissistic.  She bought a place in the FL panhandle last year and retired earlier this year and moved from Chicago just a few months ago.

• Sad 13
  • Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Nope..but we are all gonna die..and when your immediate family starts dying..it makes ya think!.....That is all.

My uncle dying was the next generation away for me.  I haven't been affected by death so much yet, but I think when peers start going is when the real wake up call is going to hit.

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

My uncle dying was the next generation away for me.  I haven't been affected by death so much yet, but I think when peers start going is when the real wake up call is going to hit.

Not really, just part of life, and makes one very thankful for each healthy day we have on this earth.  You get to my age, and many peers are gone.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 2

I’m sorry hear of your loss Kozoo.

36 minutes ago, roadsue said:

It sounds as though she had made a significant shift in her lifestyle:  retirement, moving. I’m sorry it was cut short. That’s a sad story. 

Just last wk., my physician sister told me there are enough cases she still deals with of people recently retiring who then die within a yr. or so.

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

So sorry to hear this.  I am not very close with my family, I keep imagining one day I will work on that.  One day may never come.

How old was she?

She was 69.  She was the oldest of us 4.  The youngest, my brother, and his wife have refused to speak a work to her in the last 35 year.  My other sister (number 2 in the birth order) was always closest to her (one year age difference) and probably took the most crap from her and always tried to be the diplomat.  They had a good relationship because the diplomat worked at it.  That went down hill that last few years as Kathy just wore her down eventually.  I, on the other hand, knew how to ignore her of just let the crap flow off my back.  Kathy probably thought we had a much better relationship that we really did (but that's part of being a narcissist).