Ten passengers set sail one day for three hour tour

jsharr

Saturday AM Ryan and I met up with 3 other families in our den and we went canoeing on the Trinity River in Carrollton and Coppell.  The Trinity River Canoe Company has Old Town canoes and kayaks for rent and they have trailers to drive you to different drop off points on the river.

We opted for a 6 mile trip.  Got there at 10 am, canoes loaded into trailer and set off for your drop off.  Loaded into the river and we were off.  It was a nice overcast day, not too hot but a bit humid.  Saw lots of turtles, snakes, wading birds, regular birds and signs of wildlife on the shores.

Picked up a lot of trash as we paddled along.  Let the boys paddle for a 5 minute race that Ryan won!

In the second half, the wind picked up a bit and we had to paddle into a head wind for a bit, but all in all it was good fun.

10462737_10202844391563176_7145664545891

10301173_10202844389603127_8619279407519

10488155_10202839600523403_1566736217349

• Heart 2

Blue and Gold are the colors of cub scouting.  Those shirts are yellow gold and say Pack 262 on them.

Crap, I owe KT a shirt.

You also own me the shaved never flag... just saying!

Why do you keep showing us pictures of your kid on your dingy??? 

Translation: The old guys got tired, needed a break, and tricked the kids into paddling them for while until they could get their breath back.

;)

Actually there is one really competitive kid and he suggested it.  Ryan did not want to enter but he did.  He has spent some time on kayaks and paddle boards.  The only time I put my paddle into the water was to back us out of an overhanging tree we ran into.

Actually there is one really competitive kid and he suggested it.  Ryan did not want to enter but he did.  He has spent some time on kayaks and paddle boards.  

Reminds me of a story from when I was a teen.

A friend of mine's father had a boat. We talked him into taking us and two girls we sweet talked into going out one weekend. My friend was one of those types who thought that the best way to look good with the girls was to embarrass me. Since I was a "bigger" guy, he assumed me to be slow and lethargic (many have made that mistake). He suggested a swimming race between us so he could show off to the two girls. He had no idea that I'd been swimming a lot since I was about 2 and a pretty good swimmer. I smoked him really really bad (short race...and I still beat him by 3 or 4 body lengths). Let's just say he was quiet the rest of the afternoon. That's what happens to braggarts.  :D