I'm thinking of buying a Van.

The_Karen_Cooper_Incident

I just had another AA friend die -- along with the year of death 2019.  The universe keeps reminding me that life is finite and apparently very short.  

So, it's time to start living.

I want to buy something I can eventually convert into a traveling home.  I need enough room for Tude and me, along with the stupid dog.

Does anyone here won a Ford Transit?  I would prefer to buy Ford if possible.  GM and Chrysler are out and I would prefer to stay away from the expensive German craps.  I'm willing to look into Japanese vans but they HAVE to be Toyota.

Let me know if any of you have vans and if you like them or not.  

Edit:  I plan on buying a new car, not used.

Just now, UglyBob said:

I actually looked at that one. 

But, I want to buy new.  I should have stated that in my post.  I'll update it.

• Heart 1

41 minutes ago, Cicada said:

I just had another AA friend die -- along with the year of death 2019.  The universe keeps reminding me that life is finite and apparently very short.  

I want to buy something I can eventually convert into a traveling home.  I need enough room for Tude and me, along with the stupid dog.

Does anyone here won a Ford Transit?  I would prefer to buy Ford if possible.  GM and Chrysler are out and I would prefer to stay away from the expensive German craps.  I'm willing to look into Japanese vans but they HAVE to be Toyota.

There's a reason hippies were dirty.  While you might create a cramped one room tiny house, you will need an external porta pot and shower module .......... fold up kind,

18 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Ever look at a small class C or a class B motorhome? 

15 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I'm sure it's well made but I don't think it's big enough.

Image result for mercedes c class

Wrong class C

In the RV world, Class A is built on a bus chassis, But small Class B and some Class C are built on the Ford Transit or Mercedes Sprinter chassis and slightly larger (and cheapest) Class C is built on the Ford (and similar Chevy) E-350/450 truck chassis.

Class B are much more van like, no overhead bunk like in Class C, and ironically tend to be more expensive than the Class C. While several manufacturers, using Winnebago for reference, Travato is on a Dodge Ram chassis, while Bolt Era and Revel are on Mercedes Sprinter chassis. https://winnebagoind.com/product-classes/class-b

Among Class C, Fuse is on the Ford Transit chassis and twins View/Navion and lesser equipped Vita/Porto - all diesel, and the larger gas Winnie Mini, Spirit, and Outlook  on a Ford E-350/450 gas guzzling V10.   https://winnebagoind.com/product-classes/class-c

So here's an idea. You buy the 13 passenger Ford E250 van and pull the back rows of seats out for now so you can fit a mattress in the back. Later, like when Tude throws you out because you bought a big-ass van, you can add the pop-top and reconfigure the interior to suit your needs.

Image result for van topper

12 hours ago, Genetically Modified Sofa said:

Actually the correct choice is the Nissan NV.  There is a reason why the Toyota dealership by has Nissan NVs for their service department to use.

15 hours ago, UglyBob said:

Actually, this is an excellent idea.  Add some windows, and customize the shit out of it.  Tude and the chair will be very safe while driving along the road in the proper seats up front.  

If you are living in it full time, you want space.  trust me on this point.