For some obscure reason

maddmaxx

It is a very easy car to find.  The car is a bit more green than the pic shows.  Toyota Spring Green although released as Pearl Yellow at the Tokyo Auto Show.  This car sat on the dealer lot for almost a year before I made them an offer to get it moving.  Scion's were supposed to sell at list but they accepted the deal.  It seems that no one would buy the color.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

It is a very easy car to find.  The car is a bit more green than the pic shows.  Toyota Spring Green although released as Pearl Yellow at the Tokyo Auto Show.  This car sat on the dealer lot for almost a year before I made them an offer to get it moving.  Scion's were supposed to sell at list but they accepted the deal.  It seems that no one would buy the color.

That is a nice looking car - it wears the maillot jaune well! :D

• Heart 2

Just now, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

That is a nice looking car - it wears the maillot juene (sp?) well! :D

It was the advertising departments color for the IM that year.  I don't understand why folks didn't snap them up.  I'm conservative, but I guess the American auto buying public is set in the stone age.............except for SW of course.  His car is purty too.

• Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

It was the advertising departments color for the IM that year.  I don't understand why folks didn't snap them up.  I'm conservative, but I guess the American auto buying public is set in the stone age.............except for SW of course.  His car is purty too.

I hated the Hondas in yellow aboot a decade or so ago.

Looks like they revived it for the Fit!

1.jpg?cwb=true&width=1920

2 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I hated the Hondas in yellow aboot a decade or so ago.

They were a slightly paler shade of yellow.  If you're going to go then you have to go big.  Safety green/yellow is the cat's meow.

"so there I was in New York State doing 90+ and thinking that this color may not be such a great idea".

• Haha 1