Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
maddmaxx

For some obscure reason

Recommended Posts

It is a very easy car to find.  The car is a bit more green than the pic shows.  Toyota Spring Green although released as Pearl Yellow at the Tokyo Auto Show.  This car sat on the dealer lot for almost a year before I made them an offer to get it moving.  Scion's were supposed to sell at list but they accepted the deal.  It seems that no one would buy the color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

It is a very easy car to find.  The car is a bit more green than the pic shows.  Toyota Spring Green although released as Pearl Yellow at the Tokyo Auto Show.  This car sat on the dealer lot for almost a year before I made them an offer to get it moving.  Scion's were supposed to sell at list but they accepted the deal.  It seems that no one would buy the color.

That is a nice looking car - it wears the maillot jaune well! :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

That is a nice looking car - it wears the maillot juene (sp?) well! :D

 

It was the advertising departments color for the IM that year.  I don't understand why folks didn't snap them up.  I'm conservative, but I guess the American auto buying public is set in the stone age.............except for SW of course.  His car is purty too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

It was the advertising departments color for the IM that year.  I don't understand why folks didn't snap them up.  I'm conservative, but I guess the American auto buying public is set in the stone age.............except for SW of course.  His car is purty too.

I hated the Hondas in yellow aboot a decade or so ago.

Looks like they revived it for the Fit!

1.jpg?cwb=true&width=1920

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I hated the Hondas in yellow aboot a decade or so ago.

They were a slightly paler shade of yellow.  If you're going to go then you have to go big.  Safety green/yellow is the cat's meow.

 

"so there I was in New York State doing 90+ and thinking that this color may not be such a great idea".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

It's funny the Cerulean Blue Fit was too crazy for daughter #1 but daughter #2 went for it. :D

Aegean%20Blue%20Metallic-BS-10,46,128-64

 

This year the advertising department version of my car (now a Toyota Corolla Hatchback) is bright blue................very bright.  :wub::drool:

Image result for corolla hatchback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

This year the advertising department version of my car (now a Toyota Corolla Hatchback) is bright blue................very bright.  :wub::drool:

Image result for corolla hatchback

It's about time somebody started livening up the colours. Cars look so boring these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...