Wedding blues

Parsnip Totin Jack

A coworker is getting married in October. He and his fiancé are having a private ceremony on a Saturday with a reception on Sunday at a local venue. It’s a farm so I think that means outside. Don’t know. I went to the website to RSVP and found an “itinerary”. Open that, then it gets interesting. It’s a relaxed potluck party. Dress is relaxed formal what ever that means. Based on my last name I’m supposed to bring a main dish, but no gluten, shellfish, or mango. Based on the bride’s preference. We can bring alcohol but nothing over 40% abv. Also bring a 6x6” square of quilting fabric. There is an hour by hour schedule from 1-5 that ends with: party ends and clean up begins at 5:00. We are also instructed on which GPS to use as Apple GPS will not take us to the location. I want to start drinking now 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Not to be on the bride's side but there a re a lot of folks who are gluten sensitive or allergic to shellfish. Maybe, just maybe, the bride is endeavoring to provide a wide range of food for a wide variety of culinary requirements.

Re. mango? I got nuthin'

Did you see the other folk's dishes? Was there a vegan option in there?

On 9/11/2019 at 11:57 AM, jsharr said:

Just send your regrets now.

Yeah, a coworker doesn't rate "homework".  I'd do that sort f nonsense for SIBLINGS, but not cousins. No effin way, I would do it for a coworker.  I'd hate to even go to a coworker's wedding.