So, there are going to be a lot of cold, dead fingers.

MoseySusan

I know where a couple are, they are locked up in gun safe's at the moment, but I'll be sure to great them arrive.

They will be happy though that my uncle did give up his fully automatic M16 and Uzi because no one in the family wanted to maintain the licensing to take them over.  I gave up my fully auto stuff and licensing 20 years ago because it was to expensive to shoot and to big of pain in the rear to maintain proper paper work for toys I didn't use.

• Heart 2

By the way, I am not going to shoot anyone, I'm going to laugh my butt off watching them try to figure out how to get them out of the safe and taking the safe isn't an option, it's kind of fastened to a reinforced concrete slab and we are talking about highschoolers.

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

By the way, I am not going to shoot anyone, I'm going to laugh my butt off watching them try to figure out how to get them out of the safe and taking the safe isn't an option, it's kind of fastened to a reinforced concrete slab and we are talking about highschoolers.

No problem...

Amazing what you can learn on YouTube.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

No problem...

Amazing what you can learn on YouTube.

Electronic?  Do you think I am that high dollar of a redneck?  Mine is freaking old and heavier than hell.  Anchoring to the cement was over kill, but that  was my Grandfather's idea and my father and I thought why the hell not.  If my parents ever sell the farm, I'll have to clean it out and come up with a new storage setup (already have safesetup in mind as I have an excellent place to put one hidden in my new house) but taking the safe isn't an option as even if it wasn't anchored, I don't want to move that beast ever again.

Is it really a surprise that kids who have witnessed numerous mass shootings and several school shootings during their lifetime might want to do something active to minimize that risk for themselves? Now, you may criticize their action item as simplistic, impossible, or something else, but I don’t think it’s inherently a sign of lack of critical thinking.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

3 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Is it really a surprise that kids who have witnessed numerous mass shootings and several school shootings during their lifetime might want to do something active to minimize that risk for themselves? Now, you may criticize their action item as simplistic, impossible, or something else, but I don’t think it’s inherently a sign of lack of critical thinking.

I would agree completely.  All the mass shootings have made me rethink my stance on guns, gun control, mental health and the internet as it applies to the mental health and stability of people.

2 hours ago, wilbur said:

Maybe 30%  parents.  10% news. 60% faculty. 

Though flattering, that level of influence for faculty is a very high estimate. 

Parents have the largest influence, followed by media influences. Schools contribute a forum for discourse and opportunity to engage the open marketplace of ideas. 

This is a great thread about the activism of RS's  students.  Minds of mush forming thoughts inspired by others in their lives.  I don't have to agree wit their positions but I can appreciate their enthusiasm.  

“If a person is not a liberal when he is twenty, he has no heart; if he is not a conservative when he is forty, he has no head."  John Adams

Can't we have a thread that includes political leanings from the subject without turning it into a political bashing thread?  

• Awesome 2

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Can't we have a thread that includes political leanings from the subject without turning it into a political bashing thread?  

You can have war.

You can have peace.

Getting both, at the same time, it a bit tricky. The OP was a bash, so no turning was involved.

50 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

This is a great thread about the activism of RS's  students.  Minds of mush forming thoughts inspired by others in their lives.  I don't have to agree wit their positions but I can appreciate their enthusiasm.  

“If a person is not a liberal when he is twenty, he has no heart; if he is not a conservative when he is forty, he has no head."  John Adams

No.  You have forum rules.  Live by them.  This is the kind of topic that you know will turn political and sure enough it did.  Some people simply can't hold it in.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Correct, and as many who know me well (okay, probably can't find many, so a few) will attest, no, I've never had a heart.

37 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

It was political from the OP.

Not the way I read it.  I read it as a teacher being sarcastic regarding the subject some students selected for action.  From some of the posts, others took it that way as well.  I think I know RS well enough from forum history to have an idea as to where she might stand on the real issue but that wasn't her point.

Guns are not political.  They are no more political that my medical bill or my car.  It's how we address the topic that becomes political and some here can't stop.  This could have been a wonderful thread regarding the thoughts of the next generation, their influence and those that influence them but no....

• Heart 1