Apple doesn't fall far

Parsnip Totin Jack

This is an update on Robert-the-Jedi. Wo7 just returned from OH. She went out to help LAJ with his cataract surgery (It went well if you care). She learned from LAJ and Dumplin' (RtJ's former girlfriend/fiance) that RtJ is thinking of moving to KY to live with his current girlfriend. Wo7 stayed up waiting for RtJ to come home and talk to him about what his responsibilities are. He came in around 5:30 am thinking she'd be asleep. She said his look, "deer in headlights" was priceless. He went in the kitchen and said that she could keep talking. She stayed quiet until he came back into the living room. He admitted that he wants to walk away from the condo and let the bank foreclose. She ripped him a new one and explained what the results of that stupid decision would be. He bought the three bedroom condo, which borders a golf course in West Chester, through foreclosure, in 2016. The condo needed work, as expected. We helped him, Dumplin' and LAJ move in and helped with some improvements. The idea being, (other than getting LAJ and RtJ out of our house) is that he could build equity and good credit, something his parents were never able to achieve. Wo7 said he's a lazy ass just like his dad. He's done nothing to the condo since we left. Dumplin' sunk close to $10,000 of her own money to fix things and buy a new washer/dryer when it was needed. RtJ offered her half of what she paid. RtJ also hasn't been paying condo fees, which are now over $2,500. He doesn't plan on paying that either. His mortgage is only $500/mo. Wo7 contacted the family attorney to see what options are there to keep the place for LAJ to live, because he can afford that. We haven't heard from the attorney yet. I don't understand this mentality. 

• Heart 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

I do care that his surgery went well.  The rest of the tale just makes me sad.  Genes are a funny thing and it makes me shake my head that people can make such bad choices.  I just don't understand why people want to flounder where they are instead of working to have better opportunities.  No, I really guess I just don't understand lack of motivation and laziness.

40 minutes ago, Airehead said:

No, I really guess I just don't understand lack of motivation and laziness.

Thanks for caring. It’s frustrating because we tried to show that if you do a little work  you can have nice things and make your life and future a little better. He can’t see that he is going to turn out just like his dad, old, lonely, and in poor health when it will be too late to do anything about it. LAJ is fortunate to have his sister (Wo7) help him. RtJ has no one.

• Sad 1