This reminded me of a time I was up in Canadia

2Far

From Old#7's Wedding post:

I'd have to do the math, but the bottle of TX Whiskey sitting next to me is 750 ml & 41% alcohol.

So, I'ma guessing I could take a hit or two out of it on the way to the party then add back some water to get it under 40% & have a good ole time!

I was doing a start up on an H2O2 dilution system, the ratio controller's algorithm for calculating output was bass-ackwards from what most analytical folks would expect, so we always checked their number to make sure it was right. (IIRC you have to ratio in the amount of H2O2 to the gallons of water to get the right input number)

Anyways, the start up engineer hands me a scrap of paper with a number on it to make the controller make their desired % dilution.

Me: "That's not the right number."

Him: "Well, what is the right number?

Me: " I don't know exactly, but that's not it."

Him: "Well, that's what the lab guys came up with."

Me; "OK, that's not it, but when folks make an error, the usual culprit is that they forgot that they are diluting 50% peroxide, not 100% peroxide."

Him (grinning), after he goes back & returns with a new scrap of paper: "How's this?"

Me: "That, is the right number."

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 2Far said:

From Old#7's Wedding post:

I was doing a start up on an H2O2 dilution system, the ratio controller's algorithm for calculating output was bass-ackwards from what most analytical folks would expect, so we always checked their number to make sure it was right. (IIRC you have to ratio in the amount of H2O2 to the gallons of water to get the right input number)

Anyways, the start up engineer hands me a scrap of paper with a number on it to make the controller make their desired % dilution.

Me: "That's not the right number."

Him: "Well, what is the right number?

Me: " I don't know exactly, but that's not it."

Him: "Well, that's what the lab guys came up with."

Me; "OK, that's not it, but when folks make an error, the usual culprit is that they forgot that they are diluting 50% peroxide, not 100% peroxide."

Him (grinning), after he goes back & returns with a new scrap of paper: "How's this?"

Me: "That, is the right number."

Now that I think about it, the ratio was how many gallons of water it had to add to a gallon of peroxide to reach their desired concentration.