I Do Agree

Razors Edge

41 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Part of the reason why I live where I do. I need my fix of salt air, ocean breezes & a view of the Pacific on a regular basis.  It resets my compass.

The Pacific is too damn cold in CA.  That's the one big strike against an otherwise wonderland of outdoor greatness.

19 hours ago, Dottie said:

You could pay thousands of dollars on a shrink or just go hiking or backpacking in the deep woods for a few days. 

I think most of us have read the books about the guys with schizophrenia who took to the woods. They don’t end well. Nature is good for de-stressing, but let’s not go too far in our estimates of what it can do.

2 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I think most of us have read the books about the guys with schizophrenia who took to the woods. They don’t end well. Nature is good for de-stressing, but let’s not go too far in our estimates of what it can do.

I forest bathe for my sanity :D

• Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I would take it farther but you wouldn't listen. ?

But yes, I speak in general for the common folk and not about the heavier diagnosis. You are correct.

34 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

The Pacific is too damn cold in CA.  That's the one big strike against an otherwise wonderland of outdoor greatness.

Not if you grew up in it... But I do have a full & spring suit and I bought my kids wetsuits too.  

The thing about is is in the winter the air temp is 70, water temp 68... 

10 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Try me. Although I suspect you mean “therapist” more than “psychiatrist” in modern practice. But I’ll bet you are just as neurotic after your vacation bike trip as before.

Oh I'm Joe Cool Zack. Will you hurry up and move to Kauai'i so I can debate these subjects in greater detail in person? Thanks.