I Thought Texas Would Do Better!

Razors Edge

17 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

It is incredible how well Colorado does on health metrics compared to the rest of the country. Even with all of the migration from other states and congestion on the front range, it remains the fittest state.

Weed will fix that.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

It is incredible how well Colorado does on health metrics compared to the rest of the country. Even with all of the migration from other states and congestion on the front range, it remains the fittest state.

I guess walking up and down hills all the time helps burn those calories!

I hope this helps me keep on my diet.  It's a disgrace we're so overweight as a nation.

I remember in 1998 when I visited France and the obesity rate there was 3%.  I had always been told that women naturally lost their girlish figures in their 30's but, in France, there were times I'd observe a 20 year-old woman walking with her same-sexy-shape 40 year-old mother.

Now France has a lot of fast-food places, the Internet in most homes, etc. and their obesity rate is rising fast.

6 minutes ago, MickinMD said:
21 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I guess walking up and down hills all the time helps burn those calories!

My guess is that the immigration is actually HELPING keep them leading the metrics.  Think about who is likely to move to CO - young and/or active folks - and you can see how that would skew things in CO's favor as they would balance out the current trend towards folks growing overweight and eventually obese.  It may even attract some overweight folks to move there and become more active (and thus lose weight).

As an aside, our flight home on Southwest had a layover in Denver, and I will say I saw quite a few more folks in wheelchairs than I would think "normal".  Most likely folks just "passing through" the SW hub, though.

18 hours ago, Randomguy said:

You would think that the munchies would get everybody fat there, too, but it only seems to fuel adventure. 

It is odd that I have never associated "overweight" with "pothead".  In fact, most of the stoners and semi-stoners I have known over the years are usually a relatively healthy weight.  Many of them are also quite physically active.