Story of free yoga in the park

Dirtyhip

14 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

We had a free yoga day, so I went last night.  Our community is doing more healthy things.  Free is good for our community.

Nothing is "free"! Someone was footing that bill.  Darn freeloaders!

16 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Anyway, I get down there and we do yoga.  The platform we used overlooks the lake.  I think our teacher told us that the yoga style we were doing used water as an element.

There was some free yoga on the beach when we were strolling along the beach path in California.  I can't say sand is a good "platform" for yoga poses, but it got a few folks out doing it as the sun started to go down. 

18 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Not sure if they thought I was homeless with the mat, a large pillow and pannier bags below.  The bike is too nice for me to look homeless, I mean it's a cheapo bike for me, but still it's a Giant with above average components.  Maybe people were staring cause of all the stuff.  

Only another cyclist can differentiate between a "cheap" bike and a nicer bike.  To non-cyclists (most folks), all bikes and cyclists look dopey.  I would assume you were correct that they thought you were homeless.

2 minutes ago, late said:

Not really.

Community doesn't just happen, you build it, and maintain it, there are all sorts of costs to making a community good enough for someone to want to live in.

One of the most overlooked steps in community building is running the curmdgeons out of town on a rail.  This really helps the team get over the storming phase and into norming and performing.

• Whatever 1
  • Haha 1
  • Envious 1

8 minutes ago, jsharr said:

One of the most overlooked steps in community building is running the curmdgeons out of town on a rail.  This really helps the team get over the storming phase and into norming and performing.

You're not the first to hate civilisation.

• Heart 1

28 minutes ago, jsharr said:

One of the most overlooked steps in community building is running the curmudgeons out of town on a rail.  This really helps the team get over the storming phase and into norming and performing.

Gotta miss Stormin' Norman!

image.thumb.png.0ae6ba1a01887b4d8ea9a6fd14e06707.png

18 minutes ago, late said:

Nope.

They didn't chase...

Konsider Karefully, Kzoo.....

Pffft.  There you go revising history again.  They chased farmers off their lands in many states as they built dam.  They chased young men by the 100s of thousands out of the cities and into the woods.

My second answer would be the failed economic policies of the 30's and 40's that chased 100's of thousands of families from the midwest and southwest into California.

But I'm sure you have a better answer.

Warning - This thread feels like it is one step away from being locked.  

#justafeeling

Free yogurt in the park.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Warning - This thread feels like it is one step away from being locked.  

Correction, a 1/2 step.

7 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Free yogurt in the park.

Correct, this was started as a happy topic, but a couple of cranky people decided to let the air out of the balloon.  Leave it alone, or go away.

9 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Can we please return to our regularly scheduled programming? 

Thread jacking is all fun and all, but not when it is P&R fodder and jack assery and gets threads closed.

Take the fight to P&R and let the tom foolery stay hee.

Too late, some people need to ruin the fun for others.  Suggestions to tone it down were given, and not heeded. 

• Sad 1