Tell me about recliner chairs.

maddmaxx

I'm looking for something under $500.  I've never had a powered chair and have no idea if they are worth it.  I have in the past literally lived in my chairs, once with severe back problems and a couple of times after operations.  No vinyl or leather need apply.  The cats don't play nice with those.  Got any recommendations or rumors?  Things you have liked or not liked.

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I'm looking for something under $500.  I've never had a powered chair and have no idea if they are worth it.  I have in the past literally lived in my chairs, once with severe back problems and a couple of times after operations.  No vinyl or leather need apply.  The cats don't play nice with those.  Got any recommendations or rumors?  Things you have liked or not liked.

We had good luck with Lazy Boy products.  I had one of their couch’s & recliner chair. I bought it before my son was born and they survived his abuse into his early teens.  They were just too funky to keep but the fabric and structure held up.  The little shit broke an Ashley furniture couch I replaced it with after a couple of years...

Personally I never liked the recliner but that’s just me...

My wife buys a lot of recliners. She thinks the padding packs down over time and it doesn’t feel right anymore. I think most of the ones she buys are over $500. She had a really nice over $800 leather recliner that she decided she didn’t like anymore. She gave it to me and I really liked it. A couple years later she decided to buy a different one and give mine to our son and give me her old one. They are pretty much all the same to me. This one I’m in now is electric recline and footrest. Our couch has two recliners in it and a matching recliner. I guess  I like recliners, I used them when I had surgery or broken ribs. I’m not much into spending money on furniture but my wife likes to buy furniture. We have three recliners plus the couch in the living room and one more in the guest room.

We had some leather or vinyl ones that sort of sucked.  The frames were just too flimsy and my wife eventually pitched them.  I have mixed feelings.  My outlaws have a couch with a recliner on each end that has held up well and is pretty comfy. and I think I liked the La-Z-boys my parents had when I was a kid.

So Mr. Kimball has been no help, as per usual. :D

I have a recliner that I inherited from my father in law, he had it for years and I've had it for more years, it is worn out but I still like it.

My wife has an assist chair, we bought it used several years ago, it is also worn out but she likes it. She cannot get up from a regular chair without assistance, so it is a big help.

I have no idea what brand either of them are.

1 hour ago, wilbur said:

I bought the stand assist  one for my dad.  He only had it two months.   Then I was reading a medical journal that stated people are within 6 months of death if they can't get out of a chair on their own.  :( 

Then I guess I’m glad I didn’t buy her the lift chair. I raised her recliner up several months ago. Her physical terrorist had her practicing getting up and down out of a chair today using only one arm for assist. She did well but was worn out when done. Cancer sux.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 2

I looked at a bunch of websites saying they reviewed recliners.

I like the looks of this one, seems less like BS.

https://thebestrecliner.com/best-recliners-for-sleeping-on

And the one that seems to fit your criteria is this:

https://www.amazon.com/Ashley-Furniture-Signature-Design-Larkinhurst/dp/B00EIAV908/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&th=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=bestrecliner-20&linkId=3c0e92038a1e071fb7d56e9847899a83