MRI results are in

Dirtyhip

Not sure how to process this.  Doc's MA called and said "slight progression in the brain and spinal cord."

Last MRI was 2008.  

I wanted to hear "no progression"

Now, I have all these worries and thoughts again, like, How long will I be functional?

Your lifestyle and impressive desire to take good care of yourself have to count for something.  You are a positive person, that counts for a lot.  Clearly you are a fighter, that counts the most.

Everyone's time is limited, yours may be a little shorter than you want, but you'll have lived many rich lifetimes more than most people.

Ask for clarification.  Is the progression clinically significant?  It may not be.

• Heart 4

Your lifestyle and impressive desire to take good care of yourself have to count for something.  You are a positive person, that counts for a lot.  Clearly you are a fighter, that counts the most.

Everyone's time is limited, yours may be a little shorter than you want, but you'll have lived many rich lifetimes more than most people.

Ask for clarification.  Is the progression clinically significant?  It may not be.

^^^^This!!

And handsome new avatar, SW!

Well, I have more spots in my brain and spinal cord that were not there 6 years ago.

Well, I have more spots in my brain and spinal cord that were not there 6 years ago.

I was having headaches a lot, many years ago.  They did an MRI and said I had many lesions on my brain.  They were not clinically significant.

I know this probably has you feeling beat down thinking what the hell else do I have to do to win.  You can't.  First, you don't know the clinical significance of more spots, and second, you are one badass chick that does not give up.

Any one of us can be struck down tomorrow, so why worry about it?

The one thing I learned from all my years in competitive sports, no matter what you do or how you take care of it, sometimes you have no control of when or how it ends.  I got cut way short of my time and short of my goals do to numerous injuries even though I took care of myself better than anyone else on the team. 

Took awhile, but it taught me that it is important to enjoy life and doing what you can, while you can because you never know when you will not be able to do it anymore. 

I agree with Square Wheels re understanding "slight" and is it even clinically significant.  And I'm no doctor, but I have to believe your lifestyle and attitude helped make any change "slight".  However, I'm sure processing this at all is scary and difficult, but I hope the follow up news is all good.  I hope the negative news doesn't discourage you from the important, positive steps you are taking. 

This news will not knock our Dirtyhip down. The way you've taken control of your health and overall wellbeing is exemplary, along with how you live your life. Always in our thoughts.