Downton Abbey (The movie)

Wilbur

9 hours ago, wilbur said:

About a 6.5/10

Then my answer is no.  I watched the TV series and liked it, but I'm ambivalent about the movie.  One of the attractions of the show for me was the series aspect: that you could watch and enjoy an episode each Sunday night and know that the story and the characters will continue on next week and the week after.  A movie seems an inappropriate form and venue for Downton Abbey.  :(   

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

Then my answer is no.  I watched the TV series and liked it, but I'm ambivalent about the movie.  One of the attractions of the show for me was the series aspect: that you could watch and enjoy an episode each Sunday night and know that the story and the characters will continue on next week and the week after.  A movie seems an inappropriate form and venue for Downton Abbey.  :(   

Yep.  I'd rather they just did 6 or 10 new episodes.  A "movie" is essentially just two shows or one Christmas episode, but likely a similar budget to the whole season.

But, we'll still likely go see it at the theater.

21 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yep.  I'd rather they just did 6 or 10 new episodes.  A "movie" is essentially just two shows or one Christmas episode, but likely a similar budget to the whole season.

But, we'll still likely go see it at the theater.

Will they have intermission, lights come on and go around serving ice cream and other snacks. If not, it is not a British real movie theater experience.