I am fasting today, so nobody talk about delicious food, ok?

Randomguy

I wouldn't call it fasting...more like readjusting my eating habits during the13 days I vacationed/spent time with family and close friends this month.  All different visits..sometimes groups of people or spending time with a person. Includes dearie and I eating out.  I lost a bit of weight.  About 4 lbs.

What I ate over 13 days in Toronto (which is like NYC,,,,,enormous range of food options).

• Same/similar daily breakfast to what I often normally eat at home (cornflakes, yogurt, skim milk, fruit and tea or coffee since latter was at hotel).

Per day, 90% time only 1 full restaurant meal each day. These are the different types of places I dined at with others/another person:

• Thai restaurant (this one I went twice, each time with different person). It was authentic (ie. Pad Thai was made with tamarind, not ketchup.) and creatively traditional.
  • 3 different Italian restaurants  --it just happened.  
  • 3 different Chinese restaurants  - 1 refine/expensive for dim sum, 1 strange hotpot, buffet and 1 middle quality suburban place
  • Historic public /farmers' market - 3 different days where I had my peameal bacon sandwich for lunch. ? Also we got our local fresh fruits, veggies, German pretzels  for a few small supper meals and snacks at our hotel.
  •  2 different winery bistros in Niagara on the Lake winery region during 1 day bike trip (took train part way) where we had flat pizza with wine.  (Of course, we went to 2 more wineries...)
  • 1 Korean restaurant
  • 2 large lunches at my mother's place.  She cooks healthy.  I got her homemade sticky rice packets wrapped in bamboo leaf. How she makes is not fattening like one finds sometimes in restaurants.

I actually only biked 4 days in total during the vacation. We did use subway heavily or walked. We were primarily in the downtown area and would use transit to meet up with family most of the time in suburbs or farther ends of city.  I did have gelato 3 different times.

At the Thai restaurant with oldest niece. Engineer now romance writer.  We had 3 different dishes. One of the dishes included stink bean which is real veggie grown in Thailand. It is a traditional dish.  And it was good. But then if people haven't tried bitter melon, fermented tofu as a condiment....then one wouldn't understand how mild this dish was.

rosewallphoto.JPG

• Heart 2

27 minutes ago, wilbur said:

I lost my appetite.. 

I didn't. I just became more grateful and appreciative when I had my daily restaurant meal....types of food that I wouldn't prepare at home. So I had 2 meals per day.

But then I never liked drinking pop which many people love as part of teenagehood and going into adult years.  Last time I had a hamburger was last year. 

At some Asian restaurants where most dishes were shared...there were some leftover food for others to carry back home.  One of the great things of eating with family...no self-consciousness about taking leftover food home for others.  I took 2 large containers for a nephew and bought them a container of Chinese fresh BBQ lean pork. I asked for the lean cut.

8 minutes ago, wilbur said:

Too much crust to be a New Jersey pizza too.  

The flat pizza at the wineries, were quite thin flat with more tomato or prosciutto, a lot less cheese and some basil.  Just perfect ...for me to slow down my tipysiness.

Tomorrow I will have to work all of Sunday....to test prep. for a major enterprise-wide software upgrade launch on Mon. Unfortunately more "junkier" pizza will be ordered for us...because it's cheaper.