People are mean

Dirtyhip

They are cruel.  Some people like to say rude things to you, in an effort to tear you down and in the process feel superior to you.

I got a PM yesterday from a past FB friend (who I removed).  It was a pm that had a thin veil of "concern" about my ankle and health, while in the process bragging upon themselves and their bike accomplishments while tearing me down in the process.  I handled it with grace and dignity.  One short sentence, that had no ill words in it. Like.  "Thanks.  Glad you are having a good summer."  She basically stalked my strava times (She is no longer my follower..I removed her), compared them to hers, then she stalked my facebook to send me a message.  Psycho!

The funny thing is that half of the things she said about me were untrue.  My husband and I definitely still spend all of our time together on our bikes. While I have slowed down and I am not really racing on strava clock, I am no slouch.  

Really, I think she needs a good punch in the face. 

What this makes me want to do is just get really strong again and prove her mouth wrong.  She is a big loud mouthed braggart and loves to talk shit about everyone and everything.  If I were a fly on the wall, she is now talking much about me.  

Why do people do this?

:mellow:

Women, men and hornets can be very mean.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

They are cruel.  Some people like to say rude things to you, in an effort to tear you down and in the process feel superior to you.

I got a PM yesterday from a past FB friend (who I removed).  It was a pm that had a thin veil of "concern" about my ankle and health, while in the process bragging upon themselves and their bike accomplishments while tearing me down in the process.  I handled it with grace and dignity.  One short sentence, that had no ill words in it. Like.  "Thanks.  Glad you are having a good summer."  She basically stalked my strava times (She is no longer my follower..I removed her), compared them to hers, then she stalked my facebook to send me a message.  Psycho!

The funny thing is that half of the things she said about me were untrue.  My husband and I definitely still spend all of our time together on our bikes. While I have slowed down and I am not really racing on strava clock, I am no slouch.  

Really, I think she needs a good punch in the face. 

What this makes me want to do is just get really strong again and prove her mouth wrong.  She is a big loud mouthed braggart and loves to talk shit about everyone and everything.  If I were a fly on the wall, she is now talking much about me.  

Why do people do this?

:mellow:

Women can be very mean.

Some men are also mean ….but may have different styles /tactics.

Sorry this happened. Honest, Dirtyhip I may have less friends than someone like you but I'd rather not try to be friendly with people who I can't totally rely on keeping their mouth shut.  She sounds like someone whon you've known all along she was personality-wise like this.

I just avoid people like that.  life is short and one needs to direct their energy better with others who are more supportive long-term.  The older one gets, the more important this becomes.

6 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Some men are also mean ….but may have different styles /tactics.

Sorry this happened. Honest, Dirtyhip I may have less friends than someone like you but I'd rather not try to be friendly with people who I can't totally rely on keeping their mouth shut.  She sounds like someone whon you've known all along she was personality-wise like this.

I just avoid people like that.  life is short and one needs to direct their energy better with others who are more supportive long-term.  The older one gets, the more important this becomes.

I do try and ignore her.  I removed her from all social media.  I avoid her locally.  She sent me an unsolicited text on FB.  

She is now blocked. 

• Heart 2

6 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

People can be very mean....jealousy   Sometimes you are better off just walking away from some folks!

Oh I have.  

So many things I could have said, instead of my benign short reply.  

I wanted to call her out.  Point out that half of what she said is wrong. I chose the high road.

Yeah that sucks.  My bitch sister is like that, she’ll say things where you think, do you try to be a bitch or does it just come out naturally...  Do you really care or are you looking for an opening to attack me?

It pisses us off, I get it but try to put her behind you & move on.

7 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah that sucks.  My bitch sister is like that, she’ll say things where you think, do you try to be a bitch or does it just come out naturally...  Do you really care or are you looking for an opening to attack me?

It pisses us off, I get it but try to put her behind you & move on.

Just venting.  Venting is better than punching her in the face, next time we cross paths.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, petitepedal said:

Here is a pretty good place to vent too...cos...we are all skeered of your awesome bike skills and we would never try to beat you up...:D

LOL.  

The thing about this gal is that she is only judging me on my uphill right now.  I slay her on the DH, even with a gimpy foot...which is getting better, BTW.

• Awesome 1

Yes there are toxic people. Some don't do it on purpose, but some do. I grew up surrounded by them so I learned what makes them tick. They befriend, learn weaknesses, then use them. Most I've encountered are usually insecure about something....  Of the six toxic people at the place I started working a few years ago, only one (the worst) is left standing. And the one left, (the manager) is miserable, stressed out and now ill. You can ignore/avoid toxic people, let them get to you, or..... ;)

Some people just don't know how to be happy and content, and they figure they will feel good if they can feel "better" than someone else.  But that's a guaranteed way to not be happy since there will always be someone who is, or has, more than you in some fashion or another.

It's a shame you aren't Southern and can't respond with their traditional (and sweetly sarcastic) "Bless your heart".

• Heart 2