Yoga, visionboarding and meditation workshop

Dirtyhip

I am slowly getting into meditation..I did real well at 15 minutes 5 days a week..til PT exercises took over that time slot. Trying to get back at it..One of our newer residents is a Buddhist monk and there is a couple who are regular meditation practitioners who have opened there apartment to those who want to learn. They are doing a book group/meditation session for an hour on Fridays. I have been participating as I can.

• Heart 4

16 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

P & R, dammit, this religion of yogurt will not stand!

Heh heh.

Meditation is a scam, like homeopathy.

My aviation doctor ran meditation clinics for pilots.  It helped them with stress and anxiety.  Narcotic meds were a no=no for pilots until a few flew planes of people into oceans, rivers and mountains.  Now prescribed narcotics are approved.  Better a treated depressive pilot than an untreated depressive pilot.  Meditation wasn't that successful a treatment.  Of course most, keep the mental stuff quiet and self medicate with alcohol, hookers and blow.  

• Heart 4

58 minutes ago, wilbur said:

My aviation doctor ran meditation clinics for pilots.  It helped them with stress and anxiety.  Narcotic meds were a no=no for pilots until a few flew planes of people into oceans, rivers and mountains.  Now prescribed narcotics are approved.  Better a treated depressive pilot than an untreated depressive pilot.  Meditation wasn't that successful a treatment.  Of course most, keep the mental stuff quiet and self medicate with alcohol, hookers and blow.  

Mild narcotic for dearie to deal with his lifelong narcolepsy (sleep disorder..falling asleep while driving, during day...etc.) made him drowsy and feel awful.  He withdrew this treatment and just lives with his disorder.  He's had it so long that sometimes he doesn't tell me he's suffering at times.  This combined with tinnitus and sinus headaches..he's also sensitive to natural barometric pressures.  So his natural "drug"....is cycling. It keeps him awake and refreshed.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Mild narcotic for dearie to deal with his lifelong narcolepsy (sleep disorder..falling asleep while driving, during day...etc.) made him drowsy and feel awful.  He withdrew this treatment and just lives with his disorder.  He's had it so long that sometimes he doesn't tell me he's suffering at times.  This combined with tinnitus and sinus headaches..he's also sensitive to natural barometric pressures.  So his natural "drug"....is cycling. It keeps him awake and refreshed.

Can meditation help narcolepsy?  

12 minutes ago, jsharr said:

What is vision boarding?

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I have no fucking idea.  

It appears to be the concept of creating a montage of pictures that point out where you want to go........your goals.  I don't know if it's used as part of the meditation or for some other purpose.  It seems a reasonable idea.  If I'm right about it I've been doing it for years.  I always keep some visual of a project I'm working on near by.  Sometimes I'll use the proposed result of a project as a screen saver to be right there every time I come back to the computer.