My bathroom is in shambles

Further

Our house only has one vent pipe coming out of the roof. Which is weird being a split bedroom ranch. They ran the main bedroom vent pipe though the length of the attic and tapped into the kitchen (and master bath) vent. We figured they didn't have two roof vents on their truck during installation. Or they just wanted it all to vent away from the builder's personal luxury house just next door. :dontknow:

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Our house only has one vent pipe coming out of the roof. Which is weird being a split bedroom ranch. They ran the main bedroom vent pipe though the length of the attic and tapped into the kitchen (and master bath) vent. We figured they didn't have two roof vents on their truck during installation. Or they just wanted it all to vent away from the builder's personal luxury house just next door. :dontknow:

As long as the pipe size, and routing is right you only need one roof penetration

• Heart 2

12 hours ago, Further said:

The tub is torn out, measurements have been taken, hopefully the new shower will be here Monday.

While studying the plumbing I realized there is no vent pipe on this system. I think a vent is probably a worthwhile upgrade. Tomorrows project is to get a pipe from the attic to the basement, the tie ins won't be textbook, but it has to be an improvement.

The toilet flushes very lazily, I thought it was just the toilet, maybe some air in the line will help.

I'm on vacation this week, will work much harder than I would at work.

Could use some good vibes, I may be in over my head. And I'm too damn old to tread water for very long. 

Post a pic of the deconstruction.  In some codes, the tub overflow acts as the vent line for drainage because there is a trap off the tub drain.  Your slow toilette may be the toilette. 

Well I feel a little silly.

Dug a bit deeper and found the vent pipe. It was hidden by insulation in the attic and in a valley on the roof, had to dig around a bit checking for where I wanted to poke up into the attic and found the pipe. Thought maybe someone had laid shingles over it, so climbed up on the roof and there it was   :hapydance:

I feel a bit silly, but I'm glad I found it before I started chopping holes in house.

I did find the dryer vent laying on the insulation in the attic, so I have to route that to the overhang, but I'm glad to not be chopping up the plumbing.

• Heart 4