Oh I ever so wish I could have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich

AirwickWithCheese

It has been such a long time.   :(

Wonder white bread with a Smuckers natural peanut butter. Definitely crunchy. 

J is for homemade jam. Strawberry preserves or grape jelly. 

Tall glass of frosty ice cold milk. 

You don't appreciate a good pb&j until it's gone.   ?

grilled-pb-and-j.thumb.jpg.6a49ef7eafa9c9a13c066eb5dbd7f0f6.jpg

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

So I’m. Not the only one who likes Smuckers natural peanut butter? Nobody else in my family will eat it, they only eat the stuff with a whole list of other ingredients.

So why can’t you have it now? The sugar in the jam?

That stuff is so much better than the truly natural stuff that gets hard as a brick and is hard as hell to mix, but they did have to make some processing concessions to get that nice softness. 

Cheese must be very svelte now with all those months of forsaken sugar!  

• Hugs 1

13 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

So I’m. Not the only one who likes Smuckers natural peanut butter? Nobody else in my family will eat it, they only eat the stuff with a whole list of other ingredients.

So why can’t you have it now? The sugar in the jam?

That's my favorite kind.  It's sort of a bother when you have to stir it, but really only the first time. 

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

That stuff is so much better than the truly natural stuff that gets hard as a brick and is hard as hell to mix, but they did have to make some processing concessions to get that nice softness. 

Cheese must be very svelte now with all those months of forsaken sugar!  

I buy Smuckers All Natural or I go to The Apple Castle in New Wilmington and watch the girl put the peanuts into the grinder and make the fresh all natural peanut butter. I don’t mix either one. Sometimes the Smuckers will be too oily or too dry. Probably because they make it in huge quantities. If it’s too oily I dump the oil off, if it’s kind of dry I just spread it on thick because it’s too hard to spread thin. Most of the time it’s just right.

i lost more weight, I’m trying to force myself to eat more. At the doctor’s office I was down to 172 fully dressed with my shoes on. :runcirclsmiley:

• Heart 2

I eat a Pb & J every day for lunch. But I use Dave’s good grains thin sliced bread. I like the story of former prisoners baking bread. Don’t know how true it is. And those strawberry preserves imported from France, Bonne Maman. I’ve been using Laura Scudder’s crunchy peanut butter. It’s too hard to spread, and by lunch time it oozes out of the sandwich a little. I’m going to try a different brand after the jar is empty. 

• Heart 2

8 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Wait - you have both an apple castle and a cheese palace in the old skating rink?  Wow!

The Apple castle is on down Rt. 18 a bit in the middle of their orchards. They sell their own apples all year, cider, their own raw, unfiltered honey, fresh ground nut butters, jellies and preserves and donuts. It’s a nice business and a fun place to visit.

• Envious 1

This thread tempted me into a peanut butter sandwich.  

The peanut butter in the cabinet was Crazy Richards  100% peanuts, and the ingredient list was peanuts

The Smucker's Orange Marmalade on the other hand....had a longer list, but was delicious

I had it on toasted wheat bread, with butter, I left the crusts on  :hapydance:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

25 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I’m taking a pb&j sandwich on my ride today made with Smuckers natural peanut butter and some strawberry jalapeño jam made in Northeast, Pa. with srrawberries, jalapeños, and sugar. I will buy lunch at Otto’s at the turn around point and refill any water bottles that need it.

Please take 2 and eat 1 for your friend in Greenville. My rump will be at the gym preparing to best Chris...

• Heart 1