New Position

goldendesign

3 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Congratulations. What's BI/DA?

Business intelligence, data analytics. I'd be a AI/ML implementation engineer. Which is silly sometimes to me since I suck at math (failed college stats twice), and am only a junior (my mind) programmer in python. 

But the machine learning libraries in python make predictive modeling and analytics too easy.

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

Business intelligence, data analytics. I'd be a AI/ML implementation engineer. Which is silly sometimes to me since I suck at math (failed college stats twice), and am only a junior (my mind) programmer in python. 

But the machine learning libraries in python make predictive modeling and analytics too easy.

It’s all Greek to me, but good luck!

1 hour ago, goldendesign said:

So.... I just accepted a position for a global company, almost 90 years in business,  as a senior engineer for their BI/DA Client operations.

Super big role and a huge jump in responsibility. I know have major excitement and fear I'm going to fail spectacularly. 

I concur with 2far’s response.  They know what they’re doing. ?

But so what, what if you did fail spectacularly?  It would simply mean you took a shot where others would not.  And that is worth more than all the easy won successes in the world.  

And congratulations!!

• Heart 1