Lunch? Should I Go With PB&J Or ...

Razors Edge

J&PB?

I realized I almost always - quite possibly 100% of the time - make a PB&J using my tried and true "apply the peanut butter to one slice, apply the jelly/jam/preserves to the other slice, and combine the slices" method.  I can't ever remember spreading the jelly BEFORE the peanut butter.

I don't think I am likely to ever change this proven process, but maybe it is worth a change once in a while?

• Heart 2

32 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

You sir are a knucklehead sammich maker. Peanut butter is applied thinly to each slice of bread THEN jelly is applied to one slice. This method prevents the bread from soaking up the jelly liquid and making the bread soggy. 

I eat them immediately!

If I go with the GLORIOUS PB&J&H, I apply PB to one slice, honey to the other, and then jelly in the middle. 

56 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

You sir are a knucklehead sammich maker. Peanut butter is applied thinly to each slice of bread THEN jelly is applied to one slice. This method prevents the bread from soaking up the jelly liquid and making the bread soggy. 

FAIL.  You are making the assumption that the reason he is a knucklehead is because of the way he makes his PB&J.  It's not, but I'm sure it is contributing to his situation.

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Jelly and honey should never be on the same sandwich.

this.  

What is WRONG with some people??

Although, I have recently been stuck making PB&J with some stupid PB with honey in it because someone left it at the house and the other PB is too runny for carrying sammiches in the pannier. 

Luckily, Beefsteaks have been coming in, so it's tomato sandwich time, and maybe my wife or dog will finish the stupid PBs.

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Old#7 said:

Mine eyes have been opened   thank you

And I might add a bit of honey

• Heart 1

17 hours ago, Old#7 said:

WRONG!  Only a lunatic doesn’t consume a PBJ immediately. 

• Confused 1