I wish I had a doughnut

AirwickWithCheese

There are a couple local places that make good donuts, but, the Amish set up a traveling donut cookery about once a month in a parking lot. 

The line is long, but I stood in it for a long time.

When you have to stand in a long line, it usally turns out bad

When you choose to stand in a long line, it usally turns out good.

I'm not very religious, but those donuts were devine 

I say "the Amish" like it is some kind of corporation, like Apple or Waste Management, I'm pretty sure "the Amish" are a very diverse group. The folks selling the donuts are Amish, but I don't think their religion spells out how to make donuts. But the Amish tend to be good at what they do. And the donuts were great.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I am just a short walk..1/2 mile from Dunkin donuts....about a mile from a local bakery...take your choice

Wouldn't walk across the street for Dunkin. Would walk at least 6 miles each way for Krispy Kreme. Or Uber. 

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Theoretically, you could have one doughnut.  

Is it ever really one doughnut, though?  My experience says it is four doughnuts if you start down that path. 

Chocolate doughnuts are wrong, agreed.  I would allow a Boston cream doughnut as the lone exemption. 

Dh7J8-vXkAAKA9t.thumb.jpg.a20877091a1fd2f9d2e0a1ff4e0423eb.jpg

• Heart 1

What...no pumpkin spice donuts? What's wrong with you!

Incidentally, go to Sams Club and pick up the Krispy Kreme gift card pack for about 20% off face value.

While I don't mind chocolate, they must be hot or at least that day. The packs in grocery or other stores are the worst and make Dunkin donuts good.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

What...no pumpkin spice donuts? What's wrong with you!

Incidentally, go to Sams Club and pick up the Krispy Kreme gift card pack for about 20% off face value.

While I don't mind chocolate, they must be hot or at least that day. The packs in grocery or other stores are the worst and make Dunkin donuts good.

You had me until your last nonsensical paragraph.   :(

19 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I look at donuts every time I’m in the bakery. I’m pretty good at talking myself out of them. I eat maybe one a month. When I was going fishing a lot I ate maybe one a week. 

LJ, please spell doughnuts correctly. Only Krispy Kreme has the right to make this decision. Thank you 

7 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

There is a Krspy Kreme about two miles from my house.  It is a popular place.  I have never been there.

Have you lost your everloving mind? You must go there today. Make sure it is fresh off the assembly line. Get some milk. 

• Heart 1

22 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Maggie in convertible trip time! 

We took her there last weekend. And I had to walk her away from the store area out by the corn maze because they also make kettle corn. Along with her love for riding in the Miata, she is also a popcorn fanatic. And she threw a fit when she couldn't just jump on the counter to help herself. :unsure:

https://www.pearcefarms.com/

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

They sound a little too plain. I need sugarly over the top glazed fruit filled deliciousness.

1710617028_636664609619491280-Krispy-Kreme-5(1).thumb.jpg.100e1b2798f9793be932340a4a968869.jpg

Apple filled donut would resolve that tension. 

But there’s no eating such poison in your world. The rest of us are living the nightmare. 

• Awesome 1