Made some progress

Further

Thinking about the price.

I haven't kept track very well, but have spent less than 1500, I'm pretty sure I have everything to finish the drywall. The paint should be around 100.

I have no idea what a contractor would charge, but I think I saved some money. And got a lot of tools...the next project will be cheaper cause the less than 1500 included quite a few tools....

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

47 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

How do you feel about working on piping inside an external wall?  :whistle:

Done it before, it sucks. When I helped my neighbor with his bathroom we used pecks tubing because of the tight space. We would have a bitch of a time sweating copper in.

When we gutted the bathroom his wife though that the bathroom was going to be finished that weekend. I told her that she watched too many home improvement shows.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Done it before, it sucks. When I helped my neighbor with his bathroom we used pecks tubing because of the tight space. We would have a bitch of a time sweating copper in.

When we gutted the bathroom his wife though that the bathroom was going to be finished that weekend. I told her that she watched too many home improvement shows.

That's interesting because pecks tubing might be a possibility to fix this problem without opening the wall.  My sinks and the dishwasher all go through the trap below one sink and then through the back of the sink cabinet and into the wall.  From what I can see through the hole there is something that looks a bit like an electrical "jake" (right angle boxy looking fitting) that the drain goes into.  About 3 feet down and a bit to the side it reappears in the basement as about 2" copper pipe which then travels through the overhead till it enters the regular sewer piping to the septic tank.  No water is visible at the sink piping where it enters that fitting but it is draining out the hole the copper pipe goes through to get up from the basement.  The water is also spreading out in both directions from that hole and was actually detected this weekend dripping out from below the siding on the outside of the house near kitchen floor level.  The water is not coming out at floor level from under the sink cabinet however into the kitchen.  It seems confined to the void behind the kitchen cabinet.

• Heart 1