What made you chose your vacation?

Prophet Zacharia

4 hours ago, BR46 said:

My vacations are worked around the AHRMA race schedule  

So your vacations are at/near and around the time of the races? Or you avoid vacations during racing season so as to concentrate on racing?

I try to avoid vacations during our brief (10-12 weeks) Great Lakes sailing season. Of course, this year we had three trips out of town between Memorial and Labor Days. 

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

My daughters and son in law gave us airline tickets to London and from Paris. 

Free airfare is amazing. As are direct flights (difficult for those of us away from major airline hubs) or easy connecting flights. 

Southwest is flying my wife for free anywhere I go this year, and with credit card points, my flight is free, too. So Pittsburgh->Oakland->Maui (with a short stop in Honolulu) seems like a mandate.

4 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

So your vacations are at/near and around the time of the races? Or you avoid vacations during racing season so as to concentrate on racing?

I try to avoid vacations during our brief (10-12 weeks) Great Lakes sailing season. Of course, this year we had three trips out of town between Memorial and Labor Days. 

We use our vacation days so we can go to the races. The average drive to the races for us is 12+ hours one way and when you get only so many vacation days from your job. 

• Heart 1