The story of my insomnia

Prophet Zacharia

I had a very busy weekend. Went to bed exhausted at 9:30 pm Sunday, slept through until 5 am. Very good for me. Went to be at 9:30 Monday night, too, but without all the physical exertion and stress that the weekend had, I couldn’t clear 3 am. Now my wife is up and wants coffee, which means the cats will want to be fed and the dog wants to go out and the day has begun. But it’s only 4:34 am!

• Hugs 1

14 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

You could be getting up at 3.  Ralph and I can tell you about that.

By “up” you mean out of bed and starting the day, not just awake? What I find challenging is that whenever I wake up at 0300, I start to get sleepy again at whatever time I need to actually get out of bed. That feeling seems to last most of the day!

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

By “up” you mean out of bed and starting the day, not just awake? What I find challenging is that whenever I wake up at 0300, I start to get sleepy again at whatever time I need to actually get out of bed. That feeling seems to last most of the day!

Up, breakfasted and contemplating what to do quietly so as not to wake the rest of the family.

Up, walked the dogs, and now drinking remaining cold coffee in my cup, and eating a few peanuts while I put my wife's sheepdog trial photos in new folders labeled by date.  That takes a while, so here I am.  I get about 4-5 hours sleep before needing to get out of my chair and wander down the hall.  Normally check my blood glucose between 2-3am and medicate accordingly.  Waking my wife is no problem, as she is very deaf, as is Lad the border collie. Shadie is outside in the kennel, but Tag and Duke like to come on the back porch and nap for a while in their crates. Many times when we go out around 8am, they will be laying on their pads, and may open one eye to look at us.  No telling how long they would keep napping without our disturbance.  About 4:30 am now, and if I wait until 5:30 am, I can go to McDonalds and get a breakfast burrito. Then I'd be set for the morning.  Hope everyone has a Great Day.

• Heart 4

6 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Now my wife is up and wants coffee, which means the cats will want to be fed and the dog wants to go out and the day has begun. But it’s only 4:34 am!

Can't she handle that while you got (or tried to get) some more sleep?

Yesterday, at 5am, my wife decided she wanted to read and turned on the bedside light. WTF????? She said, "I've been up since 3am, and can't get back to bed, so I thought I should at least read."  I said, at least shake me awake BEFORE turning on the light! Went for 0-100 in a millisecond. Not fun.

6 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I had a very busy weekend. Went to bed exhausted at 9:30 pm Sunday, slept through until 5 am. Very good for me. Went to be at 9:30 Monday night, too, but without all the physical exertion and stress that the weekend had, I couldn’t clear 3 am. Now my wife is up and wants coffee, which means the cats will want to be fed and the dog wants to go out and the day has begun. But it’s only 4:34 am!

first the coffee and then the pooping.