Great British Bake Off

Razors Edge

Do @Allen and @Dirtyhip watch the Great British Bake Off?  We're finally up to the season with the new hosts/judge, and it was Bread Week.  I thought of you folks and wondered if it was something you watched.  Definitely interesting to see the bakers who were bread makers vs the bakers who were not.

33 minutes ago, Allen said:

It’s not on my must watch list but I have seen it and do enjoy it.  

I am always amazed that I only know about 10% of the items they bake. And that I am routinely surprised that there are ingredients I am unaware of or that have totally different names in Britain.

On 10/4/2019 at 8:00 PM, Dirtyhip said:

It makes me hungry and want to bake a cake ? 

i used to love hells Kitchen. Ramsay’s outbursts were hilarious. 

Cooking shows are funny when they are dealing with amateurs. I’m like ... oh that won’t work, idiots. Lol 

I really dislike the Ramsay shows :( 

Likewise, I really dislike "amateur" shows where they are produced with a heavy hand like all of the "Worst Cook in America" type shows.  I'd much rather watch real amateur cooks trying to grow and step in to the professional ranks or a show like GBBO where it is really good amateur bakers showing off their skills. Top Chef was strong for a while but started trending too much into the drama and less into the chefs competing.

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I really dislike the Ramsay shows :( 

Likewise, I really dislike "amateur" shows where they are produced with a heavy hand like all of the "Worst Cook in America" type shows.  I'd much rather watch real amateur cooks trying to grow and step in to the professional ranks or a show like GBBO where it is really good amateur bakers showing off their skills. Top Chef was strong for a while but started trending too much into the drama and less into the chefs competing.

worst cooks in America is hilarious.