Is the Tour de France a bigger deal than the world cup?

Randomguy

did you know that in England, if you get convicted of hooliganism at a match, you are required by law to turn in your passport when ever the National team is playing abroad?

AND its YOUR responsibility to know when that is!

The thinking is that if you are such a fan of football that you end up in court for your shenanigans, then you certainly are a big enough fan to know when England is playing abroad, and so you go down to the police station and turn in your passport and then pick it up when the team comes back home.

I worked with a fella from Cardiff (that's in Wales) and he told me about a time that their local club played their arch rival and after the game they hounded the other teams fans so hard that they literally ran them into the sea and the other team's supporters had to swim down the coast to escape

Then they made up a song about it in Cardiff that the fans sing at all their matches

that's a whole other level

I worked with a fella from Cardiff (that's in Wales) and he told me about a time that their local club played their arch rival and after the game they hounded the other teams fans so hard that they literally ran them into the sea and the other team's supporters had to swim down the coast to escape

Then they made up a song about it in Cardiff that the fans sing at all their matches

that's a whole other level

That is silly.  It sounds dangerous to go to a soccer game.