Campground is full Aug 29 & 30

petitepedal

The event is downtown.....give me some suggestions Indy....I will call...I am bed bug paranoid but I don't want to spend a fortune

Depends on how far of a drive is acceptable and if you really want to camp or not.

The event is downtown.....give me some suggestions Indy....I will call...I am bed bug paranoid but I don't want to spend a fortune

And yes, staying down town is pretty limited.  The best if it's downtown is to stay West side, maybe even Huntington, IN.  It's easiest to get downtown from that side.

South of down town tends to be rougher area and you want to avoid it.

Fort Wayne is a pain in the ass to get around though, wouldn't seem like a big deal, but there are 3 rivers that run into it, and they make roads a nightmare, plus they like to constantly change the names of the roads.  Used to love it as someone would as for directions and me and my friends then would get into arguments over what the name of the road they needed to take was because it changed names so many times and you can never remember what the name is where they would be picking it up.

And yes, staying down town is pretty limited.  The best if it's downtown is to stay West side, maybe even Huntington, IN.  It's easiest to get downtown from that side.

South of down town tends to be rougher area and you want to avoid it.

What Indy said....south end of Ft. Wayne is the pits.

Hey...Stephanie (former 1975 ?) has family in the area...she was gonna ask around if someone would put me up on those days...but  I will keep watching this site...

I got lots of family in the area, but I wouldn't subject you to that.  The term redneck doesn't quite cover it with most of them.

• Heart 1

yup several people on the site I moderate have used this with good results.  We also have several registered couches there too for the Dirty Kids.  I'm a registered couch surfer - Have had at least 5 people in my place at random times.  Have a new kid coming in from Louisiana on Saturday.  I've had mostly good results too.  John was there 3 months but this was through the winter and he was hitchhiking so it wasn't feasible for him to leave as the winter was very bad this year.  There are couch surfing sites on facebook too

How much is it to rent a van? Certainly there's a river in Ft. Wayne.

Three of them and they conviently all meet up downtown, so couldn't go wrong with this plan.