Does Nobody Around Here Care????

Razors Edge

40 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I know it's a part of the game, but unless someone has done something deliberately jerky, I'm sorry to see anyone lose a job.

It's this dumb thing in the NFL. Only one can win it out of 32 and if you're not competing to win it, you get fired. Most owners to it to appease the fan base and have an easy scapegoat.

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I've heard Mark Dantonio mentioned, but haven't Googled him yet to see what kind of desperate loser would put himself forward for the Skins coach.  Gotta be a bit of ass kissing toadie????

Gruden will reportedly receive $8 million to sit on a beach somewhere. I think I could take Snyder’s money with terms like that.

3 hours ago, Dottie said:

It's this dumb thing in the NFL. Only one can win it out of 32 and if you're not competing to win it, you get fired. Most owners to it to appease the fan base and have an easy scapegoat.

He was an easy scapegoat because has no offense, bad quarterbacking, and yet refuses to run one of the best runners in NFL history who personally made the team semi-competitive last year.  Dumbass move.  He didn't get help from the front office, or his guys at all, but ignoring roster realities and available resources deservedly cost him.

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

He was an easy scapegoat because has no offense, bad quarterbacking, and yet refuses to run one of the best runners in NFL history who personally made the team semi-competitive last year.  Dumbass move.  He didn't get help from the front office, or his guys at all, but ignoring roster realities and available resources deservedly cost him.

Yeah. I am not saying he didn't deserve to be canned. Just trying to lay the landscape for kirbster.

18 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...that the Deadskins fired Gruden???? :frantics:

COME ON!!!! This is BIG NEWS!!!!

Wow!  I didn't know.  The great former Redskins coach Joe Gibbs returned, a while back, to coach the skins during owner Daniel Snyder's era and even he re-retired fairly quickly because he realized the organization was a train wreck. It still is.  Snyder often wants to trade or free-agent-sign certain stars so badly, he'll ignore the fact that the star can't thrive with the Redskins current group of under-skilled players and he usually trades away draft picks so the Redskins might only be able to draft 4 players in 7 rounds - and often not in Round 1.

Gruden and those before him who coached under know-it-all, interfering Snyder generally get a poor group of athletes to work with.  Today's Redskin's athletic quality is poorer then its ever been.

On Washington's TV Channel 4, there are two Redskins shows early Sunday AM that usually feature former Redskin greats, from RB Clinton Portis to WR Santana Moss to more recent retirees.  Two common themes in what they say is:

1. A coach can't be a non-leader Monday to Saturday and then expect his players to respect him as a leader on Sunday.  During the week he's too much of a friend who caves-in to player suggestions which fragments his system and he surely knows he should say, "My way or the highway."

2. Gruden had almost nothing to work with thanks to an incompetent yes-man GM and an egotistical, ignorant, but know-it-all owner.